ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP return and childs passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samertfl
Newly Registered

ILR BRP return and childs passport

Post by samertfl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 pm

I was granted ILR in October of 2015 and Naturalisation/Passport in Jan 2017. My son was born in Dec 2016. After my Naturalisation just like with many people I returned my ILR BRP.

Since I had ILR when my son was born and automatically British, I applied for his passport. The passport office has requested the original ILR, since I sent a colored copy. The original was sent for destruction long before. What should I do now? How should I satisfy the 'I had ILR when my son was born"? Isn't the passport I have sufficient proof which cant be acquired until 1 year of ILR?

As a reply to this I did send the orginal HO letters:
1- Grant of ILR letter (however on the top of that it does say that it does not convey the grant of ILR and below the letter it says ILR granted)
2-Citizenship invitation letter and highlighted the section which says "return BRP for destruction"
3-My original naturalisation certificate.

I am still awaiting a reply but would this be sufficient?

Sam

vinny

Re: ILR BRP return and childs passport

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Their policy of destroying BRP seems senseless.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samertfl
Newly Registered

Post by samertfl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:47 am

There isn't any harm if they want it back as long as so they accept the fact that *only after a year of holding an ILR* you can get BC or provide an alternate to support claims such as the above.

I am note sure how much weight the above documentation I have sent will have, but yes I am stuck. Anyone who knows more please do share. There will be others who would fall into the same trap.

It is also worth noting that I have this "Suggestion: Check at postoffice if you can send recorded delivery to Freepost PO Box. If so, send it by recorded delivery and keep proof of posting in safe custody." as mentioned in the info post. How I should use this to support my application, I'm not sure.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:22 am

samertfl wrote:Anyone who knows more please do share. There will be others who would fall into the same trap.
There were a few parents with the same problem, as you can see from my previous links.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samertfl
Newly Registered

Post by samertfl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 am

Could you please paste some links here I can't seem to search or find the concerning ones. The one in the earlier posts take me to the *Important Info* section or to HO's BRP info website.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:46 am

vinny wrote:Their policy of destroying BRP seems senseless.
Many jurisdiction like in Ireland request that your card be returned, but unlike in the UK , sanction are not imposed for failure to return.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

samertfl
Newly Registered

Post by samertfl » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Well the HMPO accepted my other evidences and the matter has now resolved.

mian1

Post by mian1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

hi

sorry to jump into your post
i just want to know about a child British Passport when parents had ILR when child was born.

i need to fill my child British Passport Application and i am on ILR

i fill in the form but nowhere on the form it ask about my ILR status
only ask about ---> if they have a British Passport give the number Date of issue

Section 4 of Passport Application

how i can apply for my child passport when baby born both parents had ILR.

Thanks