ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anndeep

ILR to Citizenship

Post by Anndeep » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:19 pm

If I get my ILR today and go to India for 6months will I still be able to apply for citizenship after one year in the UK?

Casa

Re: ILR to Citizenship

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:21 pm

No, as you will have spent more than the allowed 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 months prior to your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kew101
Newly Registered

Re: ILR to Citizenship

Post by kew101 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Casa wrote:No, as you will have spent more than the allowed 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 months prior to your application.
Thank you for your details on this forum, i have found the following link on one of your bourds for bringing an adult dependant to the UK https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk who lives outside the UK.

As i hold descretionary leave to remaim which is for two years at a time and i have renewd it twice allready meaning i am now in the six year part would i meet the crireria for bringing an adult dependadnt under this route

Also is it still the case that after ix yeas i can apply for ILR as i was first granted Descretionary leave to reain in August2009