ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK not available for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gnanasekar

Life in UK not available for naturalisation

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi,

Apolgoies if this has been answered previously however I came across the below in quotes related to my question which doesn't answer my situation in full.

My question - Life in UK pass sheet was submitted for ILR applicaiton. I don't remember that being returned at all. How do I provide the test pass number and a copy of the same to prove that it has been successfully completed.

Situation - Applicant is a partner of British (Naturalised) who has been in UK since March 2012 and obtained ILR in April 2014.
Q4: Do I need to take the Life in the UK test again?

If you passed the test when applying for settlement, there is no need to take the test again. Just indicate that by ticking the relevant box in the application form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in UK not available for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:23 pm

You can tick the box that says the below, but HO might ask for proof of it. You can explain in the 'Additional Information' section of the form that you did not receive it back when you applied for ILR.
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
For ILR, it is usually returned. Always keep copies of paperwork when dealing with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gnanasekar

Re: Life in UK not available for naturalisation

Post by Gnanasekar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks CR001.

I have ticked that and also inquiring with the NCS to see if they will accept. Hopefully this goes smoother than any unexpected turns.

Pointed noted on to keep copies of any original submitted to HO.