ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sewa
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by sewa » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Good day everyone
I have been reading these posts for awhile and after the events of the last few days decided to share my experience

Can I say there are other nationalities with oustanding applications including myself I think it’s a coincidence that there are more Pakistani's on the outstanding list . I am Nigerian I applied on May 15 via the Barking & Dagenham NCS and till now have not heard anything. I decided to wait it out and see what happens, attributed the delay to the passport backlog issue while consoling myself with the fact that it seemed there were other people in the same position.

On Saturday 1 November my application was 5months & 2 weeks old I decided to take the advise of contacting my mp, i got a confirmation on 3 November that he would make enquiries on my behalf and revert.

On 5 November my sister and her husband who had applied in September a week apart both got their approval dated October 26 and 29 respectively and that got me very worried. I had moved house in September, put a redirection in place and changed my address with the home office respectively.

I decided to contact the home office on 5 November to ask about my application. The adviser confirmed they had my new address and also informed me that was the only movement on the application since it was received , he stated nothing has been done and unfortunately he could not chase up the caseworker until it was exactly 6 months - ring back on November 16 and an email would be sent to the caseworker inquiring about my application - I was totally perplexed. He was very helpful and I got the impression he had me told me the truth.

Yesterday I got a letter from my Mp dated 10 November advising the home office has apologised for the delay and they have informed him my application was undergoing checks and unfortunately these checks are done by "external organisations" hence they are unable to say when it would be concluded.

At this point I’m at cross road, no idea what to do except wait

Does anyone know what the timeframe is for the 4% of applications outside 6 months ?

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello everyone,Specially Sewa,

I would like to know about external checks if anybody can explain ? please ( Funny two words for me ).

I have Enhanced CRB Certificate, clean credit file, no offence recorded etc , when I applied for naturalization in may 2014,

UKBA says ''checks are done by external organizations :evil: '' .. i would say its Lame or lie to hide incompetence of

UKBA's sleepy owl type case workers. how can they justify these ''so called external organizations'' completed some

applications in just 2 months and '' Rest are in peace'' :D

every body know that they are using central database technology in UK and finding about person is just one click away.

anyway take it easy guys and pray for those sleepy case workers :mrgreen:

regards

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Where I do not fully agree with home office racially profiling certain nationalities, I also admit that the argument does carry some weight seeing that the majority of the outstanding applications here are from Pakistani nationals.

My entire family that was naturalised were Pakistani nationals and HO took roughly about 6 weeks to deal with their case. On the other hand, my case has been with them since 1st of May. Maybe they are racially profiling certain nationalities but not taking it to the extent where it's very obvious.

I have written to my MP and she has asked HO to clarify on why it's taking that long and have told me that it might take them around 20 days to respond. I'm not very hopeful tbh and expecting the standard reply saying the mandatory checks will take as long as they will.

It's absolutely pathetic the service that we have (or haven't) received, however I am yet to call the call centre and give them a piece of my mind. I'm just not in the mood nowadays to have an argument and will call the day I'm fully charged up. It'll be nice.
Goodluck.

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 pm

[quote="Relatively Fat"]Sorry I don't mean to rain on your parade, but this notion that the HO treats some nationalities less favourably is pretty thin. No one can say that what in essence is discrimination based on nationality is anything but mere conjecture. The British Nationality Act 1981 doesn't operate in a vacuum, it is subject to the rule of law like any other law. Yes, a degree of discretion is exercised here (just like almost all of immigration rules & regulations, understandably because they aren't primary legislation). But to say that the HO when applying the BNA is prejudiced against a particular nationality is absurd.

If all Pakistani applicants were refused in their droves without any explanation, then I can understand. If they were told en masse to wait for more than 6 months, then I can understand. We have less than 20 waiting applicants of this nationality and that's it. This doesn't prove anything.

Have those conspiracy theorists carried out a survey of any kind on whether Pakistanis applying before and after May 2014 were singled out to wait disproportionately? What about the other non-Asian waiting applicants in the list above (I was one until 27 days ago)? Don't they make it hard to simplify what's happening here as Home Office v Paks? No? What about the other Pakistani applicants whom we don't know because they are not members in this forum? What about the other Pakistani applicants who have been approved in the earlier pages of this very thread? .

Hi relativelyfat, I am absolutely agree with you. Although I am not pakistani but understand the way they process the applications,they will go to all the agencies to get the cross check of your credibility,thats why it takes time. Every agency has its own processing style and time...but if by chance they are still in doubt they can take longer than expected. May be you guys have travelled the place had any incident or coincidently have similarities with any incidence where you have been for a while....So moral of the story.... wait and see,because they are not in hurry to give you the citizenship,rather than they are in hurry to clean the pile of completed applications on their table and if your application have got all the blocks ticked..they will clear file and send you the letter.

Till that time ....keep calling...pushing to your MP thats what I have been doing...good luck to all....

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:32 am

Hi SKK27, I do respect your opinion but when it comes to the credibility, the HO CREDIBILITY is the doubtful one because they are the ones who are supposed to apply the law which they are forcing people to respect (Of course we all have to respect) but why should not they first apply it properly and treat all people in the same way regardless whatsoever :?: :!: We all know that some applicants get approval in few weeks time but others have to wait several months :?: Despite they all pay the exact amount of money..Honestly I fail to understand the unjustified reasons to delay many applications (e.g. further checks, external checks etc.) Why do these selective checks take few weeks but for others enduring ages of time :?: :!: How could anyone of us imagine that someone applied in October gets approval while we have to wait 6 months and more for a decision whether good or bad, happy or sad :!:

kash81
Newly Registered

Post by kash81 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:09 am

Hi guys can any body tell me what is the best time to contact MP?
5 months and 20 days gone im still waiting... should i wait 10 days more or its ok now to contact MP?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:16 pm

As regards external checks, I have read somewhere that HMRC has a strict limit on the number of checks it allows the Home Office to conduct on its database per month. This may explain the backlog, if HO has a number of applicants whose tax records it wants to check.

In AN form, a number of other checks with 3rd parties are mentioned:
-other government departments (e.g., DWP)
-security agencies
-police
-local authorities
-HMRC
-Insolvency service

It's important to understand that Home Office does not have direct access to the information contained in these other agencies, and therefore has to wait until they come back with requested information.

wiktorszary
Newly Registered

Post by wiktorszary » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:09 pm

amk_amk wrote:Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum, however my patience in waiting for the naturalisation approval starts reaching the limits, i have decided to share my waiting period with others.

Eligibility criteria: EEA - 6 years of continuous work ( Application adult-AN+ 2children- MN1)
Language criteria met: B1 language test by Trinity College London and Life in UK test
Current nationality: polish
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Rutherglen
Date of application: 06/5/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: received 14/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/2014
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: n/a
Cześć amk_amk, przepraszam, że Cię tu niepokoję - jestem dziennikarzem Reutera, i po sześciu latach w Londynie właśnie otrzymałem brytyjskie obywatelstwo (ceremonia w grudniu :)). Obecnie pracuję nad materiałem o tym, dlaczego Polacy decydują się zostać Brytyjczykami. Czy udałoby Ci się znaleźć dla mnie chwilę na rozmowę? Bardzo dziękuję i pozdrawiam! Wiktor Szary

Hi amk_amk, hope you don't mind me approaching you here - I'm a Reuters journalist who, after 6 years in London, has just got his British citizenship (the ceremony's in December :)) and I'm currently writing a story about why Poles decide to become Brits. Do you think you could find a bit of time to chat about it? Many thanks! Wiktor Szary

wiktorszary
Newly Registered

Post by wiktorszary » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 pm

AAH01 wrote:Added myself above, Polish citizen with simple application
Cześć AAH01, przepraszam, że Cię tu niepokoję - jestem dziennikarzem Reutera, i po sześciu latach w Londynie właśnie otrzymałem brytyjskie obywatelstwo (ceremonia w grudniu :)). Obecnie pracuję nad materiałem o tym, dlaczego Polacy decydują się zostać Brytyjczykami. Czy udałoby Ci się znaleźć dla mnie chwilę na rozmowę? Bardzo dziękuję i pozdrawiam! Wiktor Szary

Hi AAH01, hope you don't mind me approaching you here - I'm a Reuters journalist who, after 6 years in London, has just got his British citizenship (the ceremony's in December :)) and I'm currently writing a story about why Poles decide to become Brits. Do you think you could find a bit of time to chat about it? Many thanks! Wiktor Szary

sewa
Newly Registered

Post by sewa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 am

Dear ukswus the fact that they have to conduct various checks is not the issue in question.
The question is did the applicants who had their approval in very short periods not have the same checks done on them? If so what's the criteria used for deciding who undergoes the checks or not?

It's all just not very clear and it's obviously about not been accountable for their actions. There is no clear cut answer as to the timing for conclusion of applications over 6 months old and I believe there should be .

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 am

Hi all. Can somebody add me to the list of people who are still waiting please.

Eligibility criteria: 5 years (family member of EEA national)
Language criteria met: B1 test, Trinity College
Current nationality: Russian Federation
Method of application: through a solicitor
Date of application: 19/05/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20/05/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 27/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/05/2014
Date approval received:TBC
Date of ceremony:TBC

emfrench
Newly Registered

Post by emfrench » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi, did your EEA family member have a residence card or did you apply with all the proofs that EEA family member was exercising treaty rights in UK?
ieroglif wrote:Hi all. Can somebody add me to the list of people who are still waiting please.

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi, my partner is Irish and he got his British passport as well after my 5 years in the UK. So I'm a partner of EEA&British national as the same time now. Although, I presented the evidence of exercising treaty rights in UK for 5 years.

emfrench wrote:Hi, did your EEA family member have a residence card or did you apply with all the proofs that EEA family member was exercising treaty rights in UK?
ieroglif wrote:Hi all. Can somebody add me to the list of people who are still waiting please.

Holly05
Newly Registered

Post by Holly05 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Hello all,

I am new here, application was submitted on the 12th of May and yet to receive the approval.

A close family friend that applied a month after ours received their approval about a month ago, they did send their application via the post office and we didn't.

Could this be the reason why theirs came back quicker and is anyone here that submitted via the post office still waiting for approval?

I need to clarify if the HO is giving priority to those that applied via post office.

Cheers

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 pm

HO doesn't take application method into account. Even applications made through NCS are sent by royal, well most of them anyway.

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Applied on the 12th of May 2014 - As my application has just gone over the required standard processing timeline, i sent both an email and letter to the home office on the 5th of November demanding that the casework give me a status up. I received a reponse to both correspondences on Monday 17th November informing me that my application was still under consideration as checks were still on going.

Surprise surprise, i have recieved a letter today 19th November from a Redsidency department within HMRC requesting that i provide evidence (letter from school, nursery, GP or local authority dated within the last three months) to prove that my two kids are resident in the country. If i dont respond before mid december the child benefit will be stopped. i have requested the information from the respective areas.

Juss wondering - are these some of the checks they request as part of the process randomly?? or its just a coincidence>

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 pm

this is the response given to my MP

‘We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of the case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because there are outstanding policy issues which need to be resolved which could affect the outcome of your case. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.’

The wait continues......

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:37 pm

murphy1 wrote:this is the response given to my MP

‘We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of the case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because there are outstanding policy issues which need to be resolved which could affect the outcome of your case. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.’

The wait continues......
Hi Murphy1, this is the limit of there decreation and dictatorship.Were they sleeping till six month.their aim could be to process 95% application within six months but there intention is clear..keep the money in their bank account and exploits in the name of british citizenship........total worthless people.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 pm

murphy1 wrote:this is the response given to my MP

The wait continues......
I am sure no can find a bigger bunch of jokers than these idiots working in HO.

He/she is waiting for some outstanding policy issue but at the same time he/she is doing all he/she can to make a decision....Lolz

Now, coming to the outstanding policy issue, are they waiting for next year's election so that UKIP can form a new govt. and so called outstanding policy issue can be resolved because last time I checked policy issues are only decided at the highest level of govt. as these caseworkers with 2 GCSE's are employed just to perform the tick box exercise's.
Also, the existing policy on the date of application is imp.

furbs
Newly Registered

Post by furbs » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 am

Called today as my 6 months are up today

Got the standard still under consideration reply
the guy who spoke to me advised me to write to the liverpool office so and said the caseworker would be able to tell me why it is taking so long

has anybody else written to the home office? can you share your letter

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Home Office
North West Region
Nationality Team
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Your ref:
Name:
D.O.B:
Nationality:

On the .... May 2014 I submitted an Application for naturalization as a British Citizenship, FORM AN – this application has now reached the proposed service standard and was therefore kindly requesting if the Case Worker can contact me either by telephone on ……. or email ……. and give me the most up-to-date status with regards to this application. Many thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Furbs ... If u wanna send letter to liverpool go on mate but u ll get standard reply within 10 days through post .. Check my previous post u ll find the answer of the letter which i sent to Liverpool office... Nd yes they r waiting for elections someone told me about it so there is no point to call them or write them now it ll come one day... :?

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:42 pm

furbs wrote:Called today as my 6 months are up today

the guy who spoke to me advised me to write to the liverpool office so and said the caseworker would be able to tell me why it is taking so long

I did,on 11 Nov by special delivery they received on 12 no answer so far....MP is chasing since last one month...no answer yet...remind him again, he is back for chasing the application....hope fully the answer will be the same...I am listening ..application is in progress...

Fad777
Newly Registered

Post by Fad777 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Criteria :: 5 yrs + 1 Yr ILR
Type :: NCS Brighton & hove
Date of submission :: 02/05/2014
Date application received by UKBA :: 03/05/2014
Date of debit of credit card :: 13/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement :: 16/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 17/05/2014
Date of approval: Waiting :cry:
Date of receipt of approval :: waiting :cry:
Date of ceremony :: Waiting :cry:

My application past the six month and everytimes I call they said to me your application still in process and the disgen not been made yet I don't know what shall I do please any help or advise will be appreciate
many thanks

faani

Post by faani » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:07 am

furbs wrote:Called today as my 6 months are up today

Hiya

Pls write to your MP n HO it will diffenitely work

We got approval after 8 months ( we wrote to HO n our MP n got approval after one month)

InshaAllah you will get your approval soon......

Good luck