ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

am1234

MN1 application questions

Post by am1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Dear Experts

I am applying for british citizenship registration for my little one recently born in UK. We got ILR recently and our child was born month before we got ILR. I need to know what professional refree can i use? we have tried our GP and health visitor and both have refused to sign it!
I was wondering what other options I have? i have 2 personal refrees avaialble to sign but I am struggling to finf professional.
Kindly help
Many thanks
A

knitter
Newly Registered

health visitor

Post by knitter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm

I think a health visitor can sign it, but is not obliged. Especially, they have to know the child. Maybe you can build a relationship between the child and the HV so that than thsi last will be happy to sign it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

am1234

Re: health visitor

Post by am1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:04 pm

knitter wrote:I think a health visitor can sign it, but is not obliged. Especially, they have to know the child. Maybe you can build a relationship between the child and the HV so that than this last will be happy to sign it.
Thanks. We have the appointment booked for next week and health visitor is not scheduled to see her. I am wondering what I can do as my little one is only few weeks old?

am1234

Post by am1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Thank you guru. I have seen that but as stated before I don't have option of health visitor or GP as they have rejected it! My friend is an accountant and he can do it for me but he is not british citizen but has got ILR. And in the referee section of MN1 it's asking for 5.8 current british passport number. This is why I am confused!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 pm

in a similar situation, i would use a work colleague with BP and a second person would be anyone I know but is of certain traceable profession or social standing.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Macco

Re: MN1 application questions

Post by Macco » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Regarding referees in MN1 form for my 4 yrs nursery going kid, If I can manage...
1) Play group owner. (who doesn't have passport, but is British Citizen)
(One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional
capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
)
2) My friend, who is IT consultant and recently got his British Passport.
(The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25.
)

Would this be fine ? just worried fearing that this shouldn't lead rejection :(
Unfortunately, GP and nursery teacher have refused to sign this form :(

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 am

References shouldn't be that important for a section 1(3) application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 am

Hi There, My Child born in March 2014 and I have received ILR in April 2014 (I hold Indian Passport). My child doesn't have any Passport yet, my question is do I still need to make a Registration application before applying for the child's British Passport or in this case since the Child doesn't have any Passport / Nationality can apply directly for a British Passport?

mafaz4u
Newly Registered

Post by mafaz4u » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi,
my daughter was born November 2013 in UK,

I got ILR August 2014 and naturalised December 2015.

My wife and daughter went back to Sri Lanka Januay 2014 and both do not hold any UK visa currently.

Now I'm trying to apply MN1 for daughter from UK.

1.Can I apply MN1 through NCS while the mother and child are not in UK?

2.in this case what are the required documents?

3. If it's possible, how the biometric can be given?

Your clear inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks