ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee : "Getting problem for referee@ ???l

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khurram Khizan
Newly Registered

MN1 Referee : "Getting problem for referee@ ???l

Post by Khurram Khizan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:00 am

I have ILR and wife has spouse visa, my 2 kids(5 & 2 Years old) born in UK.

1- I am filling up MN1 form but getting problem to get referee.
2- Can a professional referee be a teacher but she never teach to my son and know my family very well?
3- Can a Minister of religion referee write in 5.2 that he knows child on community basis?

Thanks in advance.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 pm

The MN1 guide is self explanatory.
One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child* in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
*key phrase

Khurram Khizan
Newly Registered

Post by Khurram Khizan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:33 pm

gidoc wrote:The MN1 guide is self explanatory.
One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child* in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
*key phrase
Thank you for your reply. I have gone through with the guideline and been to all categories as mentioned on the Form but every one has declined. Today a Chartered Building Services Engineer provided his details as professional referee but I am not sure whether HO will accept him in professional capacity! He wrote in 5.2 as "family friends".

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 pm

You should be OK. From similar stories in the forum, it seems that HO tends not to be too strict on this issue when it comes to young children applying under section 1(3).

Khurram Khizan
Newly Registered

Post by Khurram Khizan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 am

Jambo wrote:You should be OK. From similar stories in the forum, it seems that HO tends not to be too strict on this issue when it comes to young children applying under section 1(3).
Thank you for your guidance. I will apply through NCS so that there will be some authentication of the application.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:18 am

Khurram Khizan wrote:
Jambo wrote:You should be OK. From similar stories in the forum, it seems that HO tends not to be too strict on this issue when it comes to young children applying under section 1(3).
Thank you for your guidance. I will apply through NCS so that there will be some authentication of the application.
NCS does not authenticate validity of referees . They will just check if form is completed. its not their responsibility if form in completed wrongly .

Khurram Khizan
Newly Registered

Post by Khurram Khizan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

rajesh_kumar01 wrote:
Khurram Khizan wrote:
NCS does not authenticate validity of referees . They will just check if form is completed. its not their responsibility if form in completed wrongly .
So do you recommend not to consult with NCS and process application myself?

charismatic_one

Re: MN1 Referee : "Getting problem for referee@ ???l

Post by charismatic_one » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for my child's MN1 application tomorrow at NCS Bedworth.

In section 5, it asks for at least one professional referee who knows the child in professional capacity such as solicitor, teacher, minister of religion or health visitor. The child is just 18 months and does not go to nursery or school so can't get a teacher to sign. I don't know any social worker or minister of religion who could sign. The health visitor team declined and said its not their policy to sign forms.

I have got 2 work colleagues to sign as referees on his form, both professionals (fulfill the criteria on the exhaustive list of referees), are British citizens & over 25 years of age

Just wondering if someone had been in similar situation and suggest if this would be OK or if any of the experts could please help ?

Also if somebody could please share a format for cover letter as I was thinking to mention the details in a cover letter as well.

Help in this regard would be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Well you can explain in page 15..

Noorp
Newly Registered

Post by Noorp » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am

Charismatic One,

Can you please tell what did you do at the end and did you succeed in getting the passport for your little one?