ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ah_kassem

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by ah_kassem » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Jenny177 wrote:
10.5 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Ancestry + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: New Zealand Passport
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 01/11/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/11/2013
Date of aknowlegment:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Account dropped 09/01/2014. Confirmed with bank it was £874 for application
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Well done. They have begun to debit fees from November now, that's a good sign.
that is good today the debeted applications submitted on 30th Oct and 1st nov. I posted my wifes application on 5th Nov and was recieved on 6th . so hopefuly money should be taken tomorrow or Monday.

coop1977
Newly Registered

Post by coop1977 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 pm

I made application through a centre on the 1st Nov 13, and delivered to home office on the 2nd Nov 13 according to tracking... no acknowledgment of receipt yet and no fees deducted yet.... hope it will happen soon!

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:28 pm

This just suggest that the HO has started cracking the Nov bits, they should chew up the Nov applications in no time based the Nov postings, low number compare to week starting 20/10/13.

djafar007
Newly Registered

Post by djafar007 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi guys
please need some advice or any idea regarding an issue i have at the moment
i applied on 25/10/2013
and the fee been debited from my account on 20/12/2013
and now i really need my passport for identity purpose
im thinking to as UKBA to return my document but im bit afraid it will slow my application process...
any advice or ideas
thankx
and happy new year to all

Dan1974
Newly Registered

Post by Dan1974 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello All,
I have applied for naturalisation on 01.02.2013 to NCS Kensington & Chelsea. I am sorry I do not have exact dates of confirmation letter and fee debit (I am now travelling and do not have these documents with me), but it occured very shortly afterwards - within three or four weeks.
I have waited for 6 months and contacted UKBA by e-mail with my ref number, received an answer next day that my application was still under consideration. Contacted them again in November and received the same answer.
It will be 12 months soon. I believe my application was very straightforward (3 years of marriage +1 year ILR), everything in order, all checked by NCS. No criminal record, abcenses well below the limit.
Am I breaking a record or are there similar precedents?
Your advice will be appreciated.

kolibri
Newly Registered

Post by kolibri » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Method of application: NCS Croydon
Date of application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 07/01/2014
Date of aknowlegment:
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:

km25

Post by km25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 am

djafar007 wrote:Hi guys
please need some advice or any idea regarding an issue i have at the moment
i applied on 25/10/2013
and the fee been debited from my account on 20/12/2013
and now i really need my passport for identity purpose
im thinking to as UKBA to return my document but im bit afraid it will slow my application process...
any advice or ideas
thankx
and happy new year to all
Hi,
I am on the same boat as yourself...just a day earlier i think.

I contacted them regarding my application and they sent the standard response. In there, they have given a link to request your original documents if you need it urgently and have clearly mentioned that it will not affect your application incase you request for your passport. I tried to complete the form online and the steps indicate that there are two types of request - one is to get the original documents back without affecting your application and the other is to withdraw your application. I contacted them again to check if by requesting the pp they'll see it as unfavourable application but again they sent a standard response indicating that requesting the original document will not affect the application but may delay the process meaning they'll send your original passport back but they may take longer to decide your application...this was my understanding anyway..

i didn't bother recalling the original documents as i have waited patiently since october and i cant wait for the decision to take another 6 months...besides the fees got deducted anyway and the general trend on the forum seems to be that it takes one month approx after fee deduction to get approval...so we should get it before 20th of this month....another ten days to go!!

so if you dont need ur documents urgently perhaps waiting may help, if however its urgently required, then there is no harm in requesting it as it would take 20 working days for them to send it to u anyway...by then u should have already got ur approval...atleast this way, u know for sure u'll get it in 20 days!

if i do hear anything i'll keep u posted here...

seems all those who applied around the same time as us seem to have gone quiet..perhaps they got their approvals or are counting the days to the final count down!

good luck..

km25

Re: Approvals?

Post by km25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 am

jotter wrote:Hi all,

This little table might be of interest. (Apologies for the crappy formatting)

APPs = Applications that I have found in this forum thus far.
APPROVED = Percentage of these applications that posters have informed us have been approved (rounded to nearest full percent)

WEEK APPS (APPROVED)
Aug 26-Sept 1 = 19 (89%)
Sept 2-8 = 24 (83%)
Sept 9-15 = 19 (95%)
Sept 16-22 = 22 (100%)
Sept 23-29 = 23 (78%)

Sept 30-Oct 6 = 40 (85%)
Oct 7-13 = 61 (79%)
Oct 14-20 = 54 (76%)
Oct 21-27 = 98 (24%)

Oct 28-Nov 3 = 14 (7%)
Nov 4-10 = 12 (0%)
Nov 11-17 = 10 (0%)
Nov 18-24 = 15 (0%)

I admit this is biased towards capturing the cutoff point for the English language requirement, but all the same, it gives an idea of the scale. I can keep this placeholder updated as these values change.
Hi Jotter,
well done on these figures...

could u pls clarify something...does this table mean that for the week of oct 21-27, 98 applications are approved? my application went in during this period but im still waiting for approval like others, so wondering if im missed out..

kindly clarify these numbers pls..

thnks..

tobeukcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by tobeukcitizen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 am

Hi km25,

It means 98 applications were filed during that week and 24% was approved.

p2kin

Re: Approvals?

Post by p2kin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:52 am

km25 wrote: Hi Jotter,
well done on these figures...

could u pls clarify something...does this table mean that for the week of oct 21-27, 98 applications are approved? my application went in during this period but im still waiting for approval like others, so wondering if im missed out..

kindly clarify these numbers pls..

thnks..
You can look at Oct-2013 timeline post, there is bar chart showing information about how many received/fees deducted/approved. You are not missed out, you are counted in group of applicants with fees deducted.

flash2004

Post by flash2004 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:02 am

What is the email id and phone number to follow up on the AN application ?

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:28 am

Dan1974 wrote:Hello All,
I have applied for naturalisation on 01.02.2013 to NCS Kensington & Chelsea. I am sorry I do not have exact dates of confirmation letter and fee debit (I am now travelling and do not have these documents with me), but it occured very shortly afterwards - within three or four weeks.
I have waited for 6 months and contacted UKBA by e-mail with my ref number, received an answer next day that my application was still under consideration. Contacted them again in November and received the same answer.
It will be 12 months soon. I believe my application was very straightforward (3 years of marriage +1 year ILR), everything in order, all checked by NCS. No criminal record, abcenses well below the limit.
contact your MP tell him the situation and that it has been more than the standard 6 months. give him your application reference. this should help

MwanaKay

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 am

Contact your MP immediately and provide the MP with your NFEE number and your HO Ref number. This is just not right for them to do this to people.
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!

annad
Newly Registered

Post by annad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 am

Update on my application:

Eligibility criteria: spouse of EU national who has naturalised as BC
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 29/10/2013
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/10/2013
Date of acknowledgment: waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/01/2014 (no clearance yet but the balance dropped today)
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

It looks like they started taking fees on applications submitted after the change of rules.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 am

annad wrote:Update on my application:

Eligibility criteria: spouse of EU national who has naturalised as BC
Current nationality: EU
Date of application: 29/10/2013
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/10/2013
Date of acknowledgment: waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/01/2014 (no clearance yet but the balance dropped today)
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

It looks like they started taking fees on applications submitted after the change of rules.
Can you please update Oct-2013 timeline too?

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 pm

ah_kassem wrote:
contact your MP tell him the situation and that it has been more than the standard 6 months. give him your application reference. this should help
Hello Dan1974,

I am in a similar situation as yours...I applied a bit later than yours 15/07/2013; my application is straightforward too and it was done through NCS Havering. Acknowledgement and debit fees all done but still waiting for approval. I have emailed HO several times and all I receive is the standard email - application is still not decided yet. I called HO on the phone again this morning and I got the same message - not decided yet. I really don't know what next do now. If and when you contact your MP please let me know the outcome so that I can decide what to do next. Good luck.

supajamiro
Newly Registered

Post by supajamiro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years EEA + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: 22/10/2013
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 04/11/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/11/2013
Date of aknowlegment:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Account dropped 10/01/2014. Confirmed with bank it was £874 for application
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

alnuaimiuk

Post by alnuaimiuk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 pm

ITS LOOKS LIKE THEY WORKING HARD NOW :)

maxwins
Newly Registered

Post by maxwins » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:43 pm

chiefhunter wrote:
Juan_C wrote:Eligibility criteria: Work Permit 5 years + 1 year ILR
Date of application: 25/11/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/11/13
Date of acknowledgement : Not yet
Date of debit of fees: Not yet
Date of approval: Not yet
Date of Ceremony: Not yet

I have heard that there have being a lot of delays, but I have not read any case like mine. I submited the paperwork the 25th of Nov 2013 (6 weeks after this and my case has not being acknowledge yet)
Has anybody applied around the same time?
I applied on the 29/11/13, received on 02/12/13, similar report as yours. I suspect they are still reviewing October applications so don't expect any feedback until sometime in Feb, just as i was advised when growing anxious...
Hi,

I applied on the same day as yours via NCS Tower Hamlets, 25th Nov. Monday and received on 26th Nov. by UKBA

Heard nothing AT ALL, no fees deduction or no acknowledgement letter!

I will post once the balance is deducted

rikken

Post by rikken » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:55 pm

maxwins wrote:Hi,

I applied on the same day as yours via NCS Tower Hamlets, 25th Nov. Monday and received on 26th Nov. by UKBA

They are up to around the time of October 28-November 4 at the moment. You are probably a week, maybe two weeks, away from getting acknowledged.

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:58 pm

maxwins wrote:
chiefhunter wrote:
Juan_C wrote:Eligibility criteria: Work Permit 5 years + 1 year ILR
Date of application: 25/11/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/11/13
Date of acknowledgement : Not yet
Date of debit of fees: Not yet
Date of approval: Not yet
Date of Ceremony: Not yet

I have heard that there have being a lot of delays, but I have not read any case like mine. I submited the paperwork the 25th of Nov 2013 (6 weeks after this and my case has not being acknowledge yet)
Has anybody applied around the same time?
I applied on the 29/11/13, received on 02/12/13, similar report as yours. I suspect they are still reviewing October applications so don't expect any feedback until sometime in Feb, just as i was advised when growing anxious...
Hi,

since the introduction of the changes on 28/10 tere has been delays. I applied for my wife on 05/11. UKBA recieved it on 06/11 and no fees no aknowledgmentyet. so in fact it is normal in your case bearing in mind xmas and new year holiday

sarvosuper
Newly Registered

Post by sarvosuper » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Friends,
Pleased to share that I got the approval letter for self and family for the British citizenship. Thanks to this forum which is an excellent platform to stay informed with some great experience sharing. Just to cap the timelines :
Date of Application - 18/10/2013
Revived by UKBA - 23/10/2013 ( as tracked by Royal mail)
Date of Acknowledgement -12/12/2013 with the fees charged to credit card on 9/12/2013
Date of Approval letter received - 8/01/2014 dated 03/01/2014.( along with all the original documents)

Am now awaiting the invite letter for the ceremony.
Wish everyone the best ...

tobeukcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by tobeukcitizen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 pm

tobeukcitizen wrote:Eligibility Criteria: HSMP + Tier 1 + 1 yr ILR
Current Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS Berkshire
Date of of Application: November 6, 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not known
Date of debit of fees:
Account balance dropped by £874 on 10/01/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:Waiting
Date of approval : Waiting
Invitation for ceremony appointment: Waiting
Checked my online account and surprised to see the drop in available balance... :)

faz28

Post by faz28 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:28 pm

[quote="faz28"]Eligibility criteria: 7 Years residency married to BC + ILR
Method of application: Royal Mail special delivery
Date of application: 22/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/10/13 (Royal Mail Tracking Confirmed)
Date of debit of fees: 5/12/13 Finally drop in my balance. (Debit card)
Date of acknowledgement : 07/12/13 (letter dated 05/12/12)
Current nationality: Srilankan
Date of approval: 08/01/2014 (approval received on 10/01/2014)
Date of Ceremony: TBC

At last got my approval letter today. I'm so happy and best of luck for everyone else. This board has been the helpline in our immigration journey which as come to an end. I'm very thankful to each and everyone on this board. Just a little hurdle ceremony and passport application left, compared to what we have gone through it is just nothing.

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Application Timeline :
Eligibility criteria: Spous of british citizen
Date of postingt to UKBA: 05/11/2013 NCS Sutton
Date of delivery by UKBA: 06/11/2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/01/2014 (UKBA debeted the credit card but money was not taken yet maybe tomorrow)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15\01\2014 dated 10\01\2014
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting
Last edited by ah_kassem on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.