ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

syed1980
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by syed1980 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 pm

aumar wrote:Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?
hello Mate I applied in july 2014 , did send an email to my MP she contacted the HO and again they said the same Greater scrutiny and all this - did u had any convictions or warnings.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:39 am

syed1980 wrote:
aumar wrote:Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?
hello Mate I applied in july 2014 , did send an email to my MP she contacted the HO and again they said the same Greater scrutiny and all this - did u had any convictions or warnings.

Eligibility criteria: 26 months on Spouse Visa + 6 months on ILR

Current nationality: Indian

Method of application: Nationality Check Service (Bristol)

Date of application: 05-03-2015 @3:00 PM

Date of receipt by UKBA: 06-03-2015 @7:55 AM

Payment method: Debit Card.

Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13-03-2015

Date of acknowledgment: TBA

Date approval received: TBA

Date of ceremony: TBA

aumar

Post by aumar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:43 pm

No I don't have any conviction or warning that I know of. Only after a month of application submitted I was caught by camera for overspeeding but i wasn't too fast so I was offered learning and awareness course and I have taken the awareness course already and that's long time ago.

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Happy to share my application has been approved. Here are the details:

Eligibility criteria: 3 yrs + ILR + British spouse
Method of application: NCS (Harow)
Date of Appilication : 20th Feb 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23rd Feb 2015
Date of debit of fees: 26th Feb 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 5th Mar 2015
Date of receipt of approval: 13th March 2015 (letter dated 8th March)
Date of Ceremony: Waiting (called the council, they said they will call me back)

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:53 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
I am one of them who were waiting for decision more than 13 month waiting. Every time I received reply just under consideration I don't know when they completing checks. 13 month is not enough for them that is why. Even some MP were helpful but not all.
Babe khyber
We r just looking for the proper and effective platform, it can b Theresa May or can be anyone or any office as long as they deal with it independantly and effeciently. If anyone has any better suggestion regarding the platform then please participate.

All members it is for the betterment of all who has and will apply for not only naturalisation but all other routes too. One step can make a difference if taken towards right direction. by moaning and complaining here doesnt make any difference, we have to raise it in a proper manner and we have a right to do so.

There r people here have launched the complaint after completing their 6 months and got their decisions within a month or 2 which in my openion suggests that after receiving the complaint HO realised that they still got this application somewhere in the drawer so lets look into to it now.

There r people here have stated that after involving their MPs they came to know that their application is still waiting to be assgined to the case worker, which clearly means that applications were just gathering dusts for 6 months.

There r people here have stated that they received an email response from HO and HO cant even write an official email with a proper and actual update. after receiving complaints from over 6 months applicants HO is sending a generic letters of more delays of 3-6 months and sending approvals in a month. which clearly suggests that instead of a proper update HO is just copying and pasting the standard reply to everyone who is complaining or asking for an update.

etc etc etc etc etc .......... I can write so many things which I came to know through this forum which will make this list never ending.

Its just a system Ho staff needs to look into to give an update, it clearly suggests that they r not even bothered to do that.

So if we want this uncertainity, randomnes, inefficeincy and incompetency of HO to be finished for once and all then we have to take a proper step otherwise we can continue doing what we r doing which is come to this forum getting frustrated and moan and go to sleep and suffer like this forever until its been raised and resolved.

T51820

Post by T51820 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:09 pm

UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: 10+ years in the UK, 10+ years having ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK and Exempt country
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newbury
Date of application: March 4, 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015 via Royal Mail tracking
Date of debit or clearance of fees: March 10, 2015 (shown on online statement March 12, 2015)
Date of acknowledgment: March 13, 2015 (dated March 10, 2015)
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

Gringo
Newly Registered

Post by Gringo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi all, Received my approval last night.
Looks like most Feb applications have been decided within 2-3 weeks.
I feel the frustration of people waiting for months but hopefully yours is on the way too!

Eligibility criteria:5 Years T1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters degree + LITUK
Method of application: NCS Gloucestershire
Date of application: 17-02-2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:18-02-2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23-02-2015 (Transaction on 22-02-2015)
Date of acknowledgment: Sunday 22-02-2015 (Received 26-02-2015)
Date of approval: Sunday 08-03-2015 (Received 12-03-2015)
Date of ceremony:18-03-2015 (Individual)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:38 pm

To all who are unhappy with HO.

Why not contact journalists as well? Especially Labour media, like Guardian newspaper, for example?

Maybe we could create like a collective or individual letter(s), so they could write a good article about all this mess?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Congratulate mate .
I applied 23 Feb 2015

Gringo wrote:Hi all, Received my approval last night.
Looks like most Feb applications have been decided within 2-3 weeks.
I feel the frustration of people waiting for months but hopefully yours is on the way too!

Eligibility criteria:5 Years T1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters degree + LITUK
Method of application: NCS Gloucestershire
Date of application: 17-02-2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:18-02-2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23-02-2015 (Transaction on 22-02-2015)
Date of acknowledgment: Sunday 22-02-2015 (Received 26-02-2015)
Date of approval: Sunday 08-03-2015 (Received 12-03-2015)
Date of ceremony:18-03-2015 (Individual)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:53 pm

I told before feb 2015 applicant ,they are most lucky.

today we got two one applied 20 feb 2015

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Maxwell wrote:To all who are unhappy with HO.

Why not contact journalists as well? Especially Labour media, like Guardian newspaper, for example?

Maybe we could create like a collective or individual letter(s), so they could write a good article about all this mess?
that is the good idea as well.

Gringo
Newly Registered

Post by Gringo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 pm

esmsi wrote:Congratulate mate .
I applied 23 Feb 2015
Much thanks mate, and to you too!

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Approval: Waiting :? :? :? :? :?
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting :roll: :roll:

I would like to know from those people who have received famous approval brown envelop. Does Home Office post it recorded delivery or 2nd class post? Because i am thinking of possibility of loosing approval (brown letter) in post if it send out always as second class than Royal Mail also do not carefully handle second class posts. I do not know how to get this confirm if my approval has lost in post or still under consideration? Any ideas guies.....
Its been almost two months since i applied and have been observing that mostly January and Feb applicants have received their approval already. I believe my case is straight forward but still waiting which is fine to wait as i understand Home Office guide time is six months and few people have been waiting over 8 months. I am only concerning about lost of second class post.

T51820

Post by T51820 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't think a journalist, media outlet or politician of any persuasion would get a positive reception from the public regarding anything to 'benefit' immigrants. Not in the current anti-immigrant climate.
Naturalisation:
----

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:50 pm

T51820 wrote:

I don't think a journalist, media outlet or politician of any persuasion would get a positive reception from the public regarding anything to 'benefit' immigrants. Not in the current anti-immigrant climate.
Yes u may b right, but we r talking about the service we r getting after paying £906 and out of that HO is making £759 a pure profit n on top of that it is increasing in this coming April. We r asking to treat each n every application in a proper manner, not just pick n choose randomly, reply to quries in an effcient manner, give proper n actual updates, If not recorded atleast send decision or any correspondence via 1st class mail so it wont get lost.

We r not asking them to change the procedures or rules. We r more than happy if HO is doing their checks or further checks etc but how come on one application same checks r taking weeks n on other more than 6 months. How come one straight forward application is taking weeks n other application of the same nature, with same nationality, with same circumstances, with same criminal history and with same immigration history taking more than 6 months. How come after 6 months n after involving MP applicant is coming to know that HO hasnt done anything apart from taking the fee out of the bank and the application is still sitting in the drawer and waiting to be assigned to the case worker.

I can not undersatand apart from they r just randomly selecting applications and start working on them or atleast they can tell us whats happening by giving an applicant an actual n proper update.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Climate in the media in this country is anti-immigrant most of the time anyway.

But there is General Election coming and opposition media would be happy to show that there is "mess in HO". When Conservatives were getting to power at last Election, they always accused Labour government of creating mess in immigration system, now they are in power and there is a lot of mess... :wink:

sethar433
Newly Registered

Post by sethar433 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:00 pm

sethar433 wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: Tier-1 5yr + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria: Life in the UK + English majority national (Australia)
Method of application: NCS Islington 20/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 26/02/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05/03/2015 (dated 26/02/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: 13/03/2015 (dated 08/03/2015)
Date of Ceremony: tbc - next offered by Islington is 20 April 2015.. considering private

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)

Just wanted to know, what happens if the naturalization approval letter doesn't reach the recipient (lost in transit)? I know homeoffice won't reply on the progress of the application until six months from the date of application.

Does any one have any experience where they contacted home office after six months and found out that the application was actually approved long time ago but never received the approval letter?

T51820

Post by T51820 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 pm

waiz89k wrote:
T51820 wrote:

Yes u may b right, but we r talking about the service we r getting after paying £906 and out of that HO is making £759 a pure profit n on top of that it is increasing in this coming April. We r asking to treat each n every application in a proper manner, not just pick n choose randomly, reply to quries in an effcient manner, give proper n actual updates, If not recorded atleast send decision or any correspondence via 1st class mail so it wont get lost.

We r not asking them to change the procedures or rules. We r more than happy if HO is doing their checks or further checks etc but how come on one application same checks r taking weeks n on other more than 6 months. How come one straight forward application is taking weeks n other application of the same nature, with same nationality, with same circumstances, with same criminal history and with same immigration history taking more than 6 months. How come after 6 months n after involving MP applicant is coming to know that HO hasnt done anything apart from taking the fee out of the bank and the application is still sitting in the drawer and waiting to be assigned to the case worker.

I can not undersatand apart from they r just randomly selecting applications and start working on them or atleast they can tell us whats happening by giving an applicant an actual n proper update.
I agree with your points - I do. I just do not think the public will support it EVER. HO could be charging three times as much and take 10 times as long - I just don't think the public would support it.
Naturalisation:
----

sethar433
Newly Registered

Post by sethar433 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:46 pm

everyday_4_u wrote:Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)

Just wanted to know, what happens if the naturalization approval letter doesn't reach the recipient (lost in transit)? I know homeoffice won't reply on the progress of the application until six months from the date of application.

Does any one have any experience where they contacted home office after six months and found out that the application was actually approved long time ago but never received the approval letter?
There are a few stories like this, but in my case I just received the approval letter and at the same time the letter from my Council inviting me to a ceremony. So I would have thought even if one gets lost, you would receive the other...

rchinn
Newly Registered

Post by rchinn » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 pm

First time poster, just registering to express my surprise how quickly things moved.

Method of Application: NCS (Hackney)
Date of Application: 20-02-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Ancestry + ILR (5 + 1 years)
Application Received Date: not sure
Payment Method and Clearance: 06-03-2015
Date Of Approval, receipt: 13-03-2015 Letter dated (07-03-2015)
Date Of Ceremony: 09-04-2015

3 weeks is quick isn't it? When I did my ILR on fast-track, I think it took about the same time to receive a letter.

Good luck everyone.
Last edited by rchinn on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:48 pm

aumar wrote:Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

How on earth this is fair?

Any idea how long will it take. Has anyone with this timeline received a decision lately? Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything in next 3 months? So many questions and so many thoughts curropting my mind at the moment. The email I received seem a standard reply with every para in a different font and name and dates in different colour. Are they for serious? They can't even draft a professional email for heaven sake. May be I'm ranting too much. Huh
Hi
I also received the dreaded 3-6month letter on Feb 6 and since so many people received it i think it was just the HO's way of buying time...however i did receive my approval on the 9th march dated 5th march. I had applied last june in 2014 so was almost waiting 9months. I think people who got the 3-6month letter are getting their approvals. Dont think there is anything to worry about in terms of your application..its just a matter of the caseworker finally approving your application. Could be any day now. I didnt write to my MP but i had thought about it, apparently some people have and their MPs have proved to be helpful in finding out their application status. Or you can even call the home office but they don't always pick up. Worth a try even just to have someone tell you what's going on.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:49 pm

everyday_4_u wrote:Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)

If you are really worried about your post you can send a return special delivery envelope to ukvi & they will use that to send your decision letter. I had done the same.

bromleysouthbs
Newly Registered

Post by bromleysouthbs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 yr (ILR)
Language criteria met: Life in The UK Test + Indian college engineering degree
Method of application: NCS
Council : Bromley
Date of application: 17/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: Awaiting
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/02/2015
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 4/03/2015 (letter is dated 25/02/2015 received by post)
Date approval received: 13/03/2015 ( letter is dated 07/03/2015)
Date of ceremony: 24/03/2015

P.s: quick process, just 3 weeks and all approved, glad to cross this milestone. Best wishes to everyone.

Thesmalik
Newly Registered

Post by Thesmalik » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:44 am

waiz89k wrote:

that is the good idea as well.
hi pls do something, i am with you and i was looking for a way to ask home office about these delays but find nothing but you guys r good , pls do something