ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

captainus83
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by captainus83 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:20 am

na2316 wrote:help needed..gurus..senior members...

I have got citizenship and passport followwing Tier1 route.

my wife came here after june 2012 so 5 year route applied to her at the time.

she extended her tier1 dependent visa... which now expires in 2017...even then she will be short of 5 years.

Question

as i got british passort now.... can she aplly for british nationality and passort as she has been here 2.5 years... Or she needs to further extend her current tir 1dependent visa when it expires in 2017.

PLEASE advise what are Options for her now..

Thanks in advance
She now can apply British spouse visa , i think its FLR form? and get her ILR first. one needs to be on Indefinite leaves to remain before applying citizenship.

EternalOptimist
Newly Registered

Post by EternalOptimist » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 pm

robbie_me wrote:
EternalOptimist wrote:Eligibility Criteria: UKM
Method of Application: Courier to UKVI Liverpool
Date of Sending Application: 20/04/2015
Date of Application Delivery: 21/04/2105 (Signed for at Mail Room)
Date of Receipt by Home Office: Waiting
Date of Debit of Fees: Waiting
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of Receipt of Approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
@EternalOptimist: I hope you get your approval quickly! :D I sent you a PM but it's still showing in my outbox :?
Thanks I am not permitted to use PM... :roll:

1st week down....

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:53 pm

I posted my circumstances in the hope of getting some encouragement cos am loosing it. The h.o asked for my original travel documents. I got the 3 to six month wait letter in February 6th. I am Somalia nationality and it's been two weeks since I sent this with a self addressed secured return envelope. Has anyone been through this and what was the outcome.. Good luck to all of us who are waiting

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 pm

mykarl123 wrote:I posted my circumstances in the hope of getting some encouragement cos am loosing it. The h.o asked for my original travel documents. I got the 3 to six month wait letter in February 6th. I am Somalia nationality and it's been two weeks since I sent this with a self addressed secured return envelope. Has anyone been through this and what was the outcome.. Good luck to all of us who are waiting
If you sent the required docs via some form of recorded delivery then have you tracked it to confirm delivery?

I'm sorry to say that just because they have asked for documentation it may not mean that they have made a decision, it may just be that they wanted further evidence to aid in their decision. It is safe to say no one can 100% guarantee or understand the full process that UKVI uses in their application process. The whole 1st in 1st out doesn't apply to all cases.

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you for your answer. Don't know if to remain positive or not and yes I tracked the delivery and they received it on the 27th April. However I was advised that I could not track the return post. The wait is excruciating. I have read some cases that were asked for documents and received approvals in 3 or so weeks. I hang on to that as the only hope. Once again good luck to all that are waiting somethinggood will turn up

fdie287rg9324r
Newly Registered

Post by fdie287rg9324r » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 pm

A lot of people here are being dramatic and need to calm down and understand that citizenship is not a right, it is a privilege, and the fee that we pay does not entitle us to receive it when we want it. It is a big job and a big deal, there are limited case workers, they don't give 1 application to 1 caseworker, each caseworker needs to check hundreds of applications, it could easily be thousands actually. And they need to check each application according to the guidelines issued by the Secretary of State and obviously the immigration laws. Also, they need to confirm backgrounds by doing several checks, checking that documents are authentic, etcetera. No one knows if their case is straightforward. That means nothing. If they need to check with a consulate or government abroad to authenticate a document, they need to wait for that government/consulate to reply, so there's no such thing as straightforward case. There are many ways to make an application and they need to check against all of these different ways, each of them have different rules. Before complaining try to go and read all of the rules and laws and see how easy it is!? Their job is to make sure that only the people that fall within the guidelines obtain the citizenship, so our country isn't full of criminals for example. Crying about it and being upset about will not speed up the process. Actually whenever someone calls, the caseworkers need to take time off to answer these calls. They cannot give any details on the calls, so it really is wasted time. Imagine how many calls they get every day, now make a sum of all the minutes that they waste. Maybe they could do an extra 10 or 20 applications every day by not having to answer calls. Wait until the 6 months are over and then enquire, but understand that your anxiety before 6 months will only make the process go slower for you and everyone else. My application was more straightforward than others here, I am a EU citizen which means that I don't even need a visa to be here, I sent all the proofs and they still took 4 months to reach a decision. I didn't call them or emailed them once. Once the application is in their hands the applicant cannot be deported, so why all the fuss? Be patient and it will arrive when it's supposed to, everyone has paid the fee, there's no such thing as a "straightforward" application. Some people get it faster because the government of their original country is quicker to send results back to the home office, there's nothing that the home office can do while they are waiting.

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Year + ILR (Tier 1 General)
Language criteria met: Life in the UK Test (March 2013) & Australian passport
Current nationality: Australian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Camden, London
Date of application: 20/02/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/02/2015
Date of fee deducted: 26/2/2015
Date of application acknowledgment: Received 2/3/2015, letter dated 26/02/2015. No SMS update.
Date approval letter and citizenship invitation received: 26/3/2015 letter dated 22/3/2015
Date of ceremony: 1/4/2015

No additional evidence was required during the process.

So in total 35 days taken from application submission to receipt of approval letter.

A bit on my background and experience completing the form for those that may have similar concerns:

1. Contracting through limited company, I selected director (not self employed) and entered my limited company details on the form.
2. Address of tax office – I put down Cardiff address (check your HMRC letters), plus tax office reference
3. For section on not paying tax through PAYE, I submitted SA302 from HMRC for the last 5 years (just in case). Called up HMRC and received them within a week. This is crucial for if you are director (not explicitly stated in guide).
4. Filled in by hand in black pen, the section on absences. I thought about attaching separate Excel spreadsheet instead (did this for ILR), but thought I will follow the guide explicitly, ie fill in absences details ON the form.
5. Make a copy of your Life in the UK test letter for yourself -HO now requires the ORIGINAL letter to be submitted.
6. Make copies of the completed form and ALL supporting documents prior to NCS – NCS does not make copies for you as a rule.

I have read the forums for advice for completing the form which have been extremely helpful. I would consider my application to be pretty straightforward ( be on electoral roll, be employed, have HMRC records, submit relevant documentation etc) and am happy to say its now almost the end (still waiting for my passport application to be approved).

Good luck to all.

Oxford123
Newly Registered

Post by Oxford123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 am

applied nationality 2nd December 2014. Application refused. Reason given below.
As u applied 3rd Dec so the qualifying period runs from the 4th December 2009 up until the 3 Dec 2014.
As u were in the uk in breach of immigration law from the 8th of April 2010 when application rejected (reason was non payment of fee) until 6 July 2010 on which date you were than awarded further leave to remain, this requirement is not met.
Also advised to apply after 6 July 2015.

Plz advise that should I apply for reconsideration or wait till 6 july 2015 as in 2010 I applied in time but home office rejected application as invalid coz of fee problem. I still can prove that I had enough funds in my account in 2010 when I applied so its not my fault.
Plz advise. Best regards

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:40 am

Oxford123 wrote:applied nationality 2nd December 2014. Application refused. Reason given below.
As u applied 3rd Dec so the qualifying period runs from the 4th December 2009 up until the 3 Dec 2014.
As u were in the uk in breach of immigration law from the 8th of April 2010 when application rejected (reason was non payment of fee) until 6 July 2010 on which date you were than awarded further leave to remain, this requirement is not met.

Plz advise that should I apply for reconsideration or wait till 6 july 2015 as in 2010 I applied in time but home office rejected application as invalid coz of fee problem. I still can prove that I had enough funds in my account in 2010 when I applied so its not my fault.
Plz advise. Best regards
if in April 2010 you applied for leave to remain before your visa run out, then if i understand correctly it would have been extended under section 3c (even in the event of a rejected payment). It's not your fault that because of human error, on the home office side, that your application got returned, especially if you can prove that at the time you had sufficient funds. I would request a reconsideration, including the rejected letter you received five years ago, attached with the bank statement, and also a well worded cover letter. Im no expert but others on this forum can advise.

Just to note as well, since they've changed the rules (after you applied), they could well reject you again if you apply in july because in the 10 years preceding the application you can't have been in breach of immigration law (sneaky i know).

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 am

Oxford123 wrote:applied nationality 2nd December 2014. Application refused. Reason given below.

Plz advise. Best regards
When you received and what is refusal date on the letter?

HK1
Newly Registered

Post by HK1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me here. I am on ILR and my spouse has to wait 5 years residency before she can get ILR as well. my question is if i am able to get BCitizenship next year will my spouse still have to complete 5 years or than she become spouse to BC and based on 3 years she can directly go for neutralization application (AN) skipping ILR . and this 3 years being her since she entered the country not after i got BC.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Kayla
Newly Registered

Post by Kayla » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Application Timeline

Eligibility criteria: 3years Spouse of BC

Method of application: NCS Manchester

Nationality: United States of America

Date applied: 28/04/2015

Date of receipt by UKBA: waiting

Date of Biometrics Request: waiting

Date of debit of fees: waiting

Date of receipt of acknowledgement: waiting

Date of receipt of approval: waiting

Date of Ceremony: waiting

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Kayla wrote:Application Timeline

Eligibility criteria: 10 years long residency + 1 year ILR

Nationality: Bangladesh

Date applied: 01/04/2015

Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/04/2015

Date of Biometrics Request: n/a

Date of debit of fees: 23/04/2015

Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/04/2015 by email

HI ALL,
I HAVE RECEIVED MY ACK LETTER BY EMAIL WHERE JUST SAYS CASE ID AND MY NAME , DOESN'T SAY ANY ADREESS . I HAVEN'T. RECEIVED ANY ACK. LETTER. BY POST SO. DON'T WHEATHER THEY GOT CORRECT ADDRESS OR NOT . IS IT NORMAL TO RECEIVED ACK LETTER BY E-MAIL RATHER THAN POST.

n1994
Newly Registered

Post by n1994 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 pm

n1994 wrote:Method of application: Solicitor
Application sent: 29/10/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/10/2014
Date of debit of fees: 07/11/2014 (debit card)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/11/2014
Date of receipt of approval: -
Date of Ceremony: - [/b]
My sister who had the same timeline as me & applied in the same time received her approval today :) it was dated 7th April 2015 eventhough we sent a pre-paid envelope with our application. I am guessing hers got held back because mine was missing an old travel document so they probably were waiting for me to send my documents. My TD request letter was dated 7th of April too so I think they processed hers first and then realised mine was missing the TD. Aaah I hope mine is on the way!

Oxford123
Newly Registered

Post by Oxford123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:52 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:

Plz advise. Best regards
When you received and what is refusal date on the letter?

21st April dated 18th April

asalmam79
Newly Registered

Post by asalmam79 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:27 am

[quote="HK1"]Dear all,

I hope someone can help me here. I am on ILR and my spouse has to wait 5 years residency before she can get ILR as well. my question is if i am able to get BCitizenship next year will my spouse still have to complete 5 years or than she become spouse to BC and based on 3 years she can directly go for neutralization application (AN) skipping ILR . and this 3 years being her since she entered the country not after i got BC.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Hi,
she still have to complete 5 Y to apply for ILR, If she get the ILR she can apply for BC straight away no need to wait for 12 months that based on 3 years residency as spouse. NO ONE CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP WITHOUT ILR. ILR is THE MAIN REQUIREMENT FOR BC

HK1
Newly Registered

Post by HK1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Thankyou so much for this information.

Regards

asalmam79 wrote:
HK1 wrote:Dear all,

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Hi,
she still have to complete 5 Y to apply for ILR, If she get the ILR she can apply for BC straight away no need to wait for 12 months that based on 3 years residency as spouse. NO ONE CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP WITHOUT ILR. ILR is THE MAIN REQUIREMENT FOR BC

junaid979
Newly Registered

Post by junaid979 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:01 am

Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation on 9th April 2015 and still fees is not deducted from my bank account?

Is there anyone who applied for Naturalisation after 6th April 2015 and got acknowledgment about fees deduction?

Regards,

Junaid

jabsbini

Post by jabsbini » Fri May 01, 2015 10:42 am

junaid979 wrote:Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation on 9th April 2015 and still fees is not deducted from my bank account?

Is there anyone who applied for Naturalisation after 6th April 2015 and got acknowledgment about fees deduction?

Regards,

Junaid
Hi,

I applied on 14th April and no fees debit yet, I was wondering the same.

Bini

cctocc

Post by cctocc » Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Eligibility criteria: T1G

Nationality: Chinese

Date applied: 13/04/2015

Date of receipt by Home Office: 14/04/2015

Date of debit of fees (cheque): Waring

Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waring

Hammers84
Newly Registered

Post by Hammers84 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:28 pm

I applied on 24th April and was getting a bit concerned as the fee has not been debited yet nor have I received any confirmation. But the above few posts sort of explain the pattern developing i.e. Delay in processing application made in April.

esima

Post by esima » Fri May 01, 2015 1:16 pm

esima wrote:[May be this coming week the transaction will come up.
Good news my application as been approved.application date 20 of March received by ho 23th money deducted 8th April received email acknowledgement 9th April.than 15 april received letter of acknowledgement dated 8th of April.approval letter first of May.

esima

Post by esima » Fri May 01, 2015 1:17 pm

esima wrote:
Good news my application as been approved.application date 20 of March received by ho 23th money deducted 8th April received email acknowledgement 9th April.than 15 april received letter of acknowledgement dated 8th of April.approval letter first of May.
esima wrote:
Good news my application as been approved.application date 20 of March received by ho 23th money deducted 8th April received email acknowledgement 9th April.then 15 april received letter of acknowledgement dated 8th of April.approval letter first of May.

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Has anyone from July been asked to send original documents after the February 6th 3 to 6 months wait letter. I received a letter asking for my original travel documents 3 weeks ago. Sent with a self addressed envelope and haven't heard anything.. Good luck to everyone waiting especially April to august 2014 cases. .

jabsbini

Post by jabsbini » Fri May 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Hammers84 wrote:I applied on 24th April and was getting a bit concerned as the fee has not been debited yet nor have I received any confirmation. But the above few posts sort of explain the pattern developing i.e. Delay in processing application made in April.

Oh no are we the unlucky ones ( april applicants) then to wait for ages for everything :? :( :x :cry: