ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation fees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gingerknickers
Newly Registered

naturalisation fees

Post by gingerknickers » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi.

Just found this site after searching the internet for advice.
My husband is currently applying for british citizenship and am confused with the fees. Do we pay £874 or do we need to pay the additional £80 also for ceremony fee.
The fee sheet doesnt clearly define and we dont want it to be returned if we send the wrong fee.

Thanks in advance

akhurshid

Re: naturalisation fees

Post by akhurshid » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:49 pm

gingerknickers wrote:Hi.

Just found this site after searching the internet for advice.
My husband is currently applying for british citizenship and am confused with the fees. Do we pay £874 or do we need to pay the additional £80 also for ceremony fee.
The fee sheet doesnt clearly define and we dont want it to be returned if we send the wrong fee.

Thanks in advance
You have to pay £80 towards ceremony along with £874. If your application is refused then £80 will be refunded.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 pm

The 874 includes the cost of the ceremony. I didn't have to pay anything extra.

The only additional expense could be the cost of applying via NCS.

gingerknickers
Newly Registered

Post by gingerknickers » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm

ritswaney wrote:The 874 includes the cost of the ceremony. I didn't have to pay anything extra.

Thanks. Was your application recent? Ive asked a few friends and they've not been sure as theres was a few years back amd I know UKBA change their rules more than anything

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:12 am

ritswaney wrote:The 874 includes the cost of the ceremony. I didn't have to pay anything extra.

Hi Ritswaney,

You are right. I have just doube checked and fee actually includes the cermony fee as per payment form.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf