ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation for 14 years long residence ILR holders

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redokeef
Newly Registered

naturalisation for 14 years long residence ILR holders

Post by redokeef » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:30 pm

I applied ILR on the ground of 14 years long residence in september 2008 i got my ILR visa on december 2009 and i have applied for naturalisation in september 2010 but my application was refused on the basis of not fullfilling the legal 5 years residential qulaifying period.The case worker counted legal residential period from the date i applied for ILR i.e september 2008 so advised me if i apply any time before september 2013 my application will be refused again.So i am still confuded when i applied i had no visa so why the case worker counted like that.To me my 5 years qualifying period would be (dcember 2009)wen i got the visa)+5 years=december 2014.But according to HO case workermy legal 5 years period is september 2008(when i made my application)+5 years =September 2013.
I entered in the UK as a student in 1995 and i applied for ILR in 2008.
Can anyone have any idea about this?please send me a reply.No one tell about this i mean who has visa on 14 years long residence

sato
Newly Registered

Post by sato » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

ILR isn't a straightforward process.
Last edited by sato on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 am

I applied for 14yrs ILR in July, 2006 and was granted ILR in September 4, 2009 after 3yrs of my application. I am married to a naturalised British citizen since july, 2003. I am planning to apply for naturalisation in September which is the anniversary of the 3rd year of my ILR. Does that means I could have applied for naturalisation before now?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am

jko wrote:I applied for 14yrs ILR in July, 2006 and was granted ILR in September 4, 2009 after 3yrs of my application. I am married to a naturalised British citizen since july, 2003. I am planning to apply for naturalisation in September which is the anniversary of the 3rd year of my ILR. Does that means I could have applied for naturalisation before now?
Possilbly yes.

But what I would say is, that it appears that you qualify for naturalisation now, why not wait until the third anniversay of your ILR. You only have a month to wait. I am only saying this because it might just be a quicker decision as it will be very clear that you have 3 year qualifying residence, without the caseworker having to dig deep into you file.

In the meantime, you can carefully prepare your application, book NCS appointment etc.

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am

asim72, thanks for your quick response and advise. I have waited since the last 3yrs, 2months wait is nothing compare to the cost if application is refused.