ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation for eea

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eeapr4me
Newly Registered

naturalisation for eea

Post by eeapr4me » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Happy new Year all!

thanks to the excellent support I received here (noajthan especially), I was successful in acquiring a DCPR. I'd like to proceed with naturalisation for an eea national.

I have a few questions/clarifications to get started:

1. As I understand it, I need to submit a SAR to get the actual date that PR was acquired to ensure 12 months of immigration free residence. Is that right?

2. Form AN, item 1.50. Ten years of employment history. From what I read, this info is required to assess the applicant's history of paying paye/ni. I have worked through my own limited company for over 10 years. I have P60s for the last 6 years but going back further might be problematic. If it is, will a letter from my accountant summarising paye/ni be sufficient?

3. Residence: do I need to provide evidence of residence for the period that the DCPR covered once more for naturalisation?

4. Language: I have a UK degree.
From the AN Guide pg 14 and form, page 7 & 29 summarised as:
Certificate showing that you have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC AND (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK...

But, from
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
"If you have a degree from a UK university, you only need your original degree certificate."

So is it naric + UK degree or is a UK degree certificate enough?

5. From what I've read here, it seems possible to apply for the passport and naturalisation at the same time, via NCS. Please confirm.
The passport application is done online or via a paper copy from the post office. Please confirm I should use the paper form from the post office.

thank you very much
Michael

noajthan

Re: naturalisation for eea

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:55 pm

eeapr4me wrote:Happy new Year all!

thanks to the excellent support I received here (noajthan especially), I was successful in acquiring a DCPR. I'd like to proceed with naturalisation for an eea national.

I have a few questions/clarifications to get started:

1. As I understand it, I need to submit a SAR to get the actual date that PR was acquired to ensure 12 months of immigration free residence. Is that right?

2. Form AN, item 1.50. Ten years of employment history. From what I read, this info is required to assess the applicant's history of paying paye/ni. I have worked through my own limited company for over 10 years. I have P60s for the last 6 years but going back further might be problematic. If it is, will a letter from my accountant summarising paye/ni be sufficient?

3. Residence: do I need to provide evidence of residence for the period that the DCPR covered once more for naturalisation?

4. Language: I have a UK degree.
From the AN Guide pg 14 and form, page 7 & 29 summarised as:
Certificate showing that you have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC AND (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK...

But, from
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
"If you have a degree from a UK university, you only need your original degree certificate."

So is it naric + UK degree or is a UK degree certificate enough?

5. From what I've read here, it seems possible to apply for the passport and naturalisation at the same time, via NCS. Please confirm.
The passport application is done online or via a paper copy from the post office. Please confirm I should use the paper form from the post office.

thank you very much
Michael
1) Not mandatory - but it can help avoid a mistimed application (and expensive mistake with AN fee) if its a section 6(1) application (no British spouse).

Or NCS can (usually) call secret HO hotline and check your HO (CID) record for you - this approach risks only the NCS fee not full AN fee.

2) Maybe. Get what you can.

3) Evidence for past 5 years from date of application (regardless of PR period).
Read AN guidance on this. Note subtle differences from confirmation of PR application

4) UK degree cert (I think)

5) My understanding: paper form from PO. Take to NCS.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am

You don't need to use NARIC for a UK degree, just the degree certificate is enough.

eeapr4me
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr4me » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Thank you both for your feedback.

A couple more queries please:

1) re: q.1.50 - Does overseas employment for a UK registered company count as "employment in the UK"?

2) May I please have some suggestions on how one goes about proving their presence in the country 5 years prior to the application submission date?

thank you

eeapr4me
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr4me » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm

greetings,

I'd like to check: to disclose a student visa overstay that occurred over ten years ago, should you tick yes to question 3.13 and provide detailed dates in section 3.15?

In Chapter 18_B (residence), reference is made to a "volume 2" for EEA nationals. e.g. on page 13. Does anyone have a link to this volume?

thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eeapr4me
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr4me » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:46 pm

thank you for the link.

Should I disclose my visa overstay on page 17 or on page 22?

thanks