ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for Main (5 Years) and spouse (3 Years)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mak1986
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for Main (5 Years) and spouse (3 Years)

Post by mak1986 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi,

I hope someone would be able to help me out with my two questions.

I am due to apply for naturalisation on or after 3rd August, 2015.

1. My wife arrived in UK on 5th March, 2012 as on Tier 1 General ( Dependant ) visa. My 5 years on TIer 1 General finished on 3rd August, and We both got ILR on 3rd August, 2014. Can we both apply for Naturalisation as she already here for more than 3 years and arrived before april 2012, or do I have to apply for the naturalisation first and later my wife has to apply once my application is processed.

2. Secondly, My wife's passport ( foreign passport ) is expried, do we need to renew it before we apply for naturalisation or can we bring that in while applying, as she has not travelled for last 1 year.

Looking forward to hear from you in this regard.

geriatrix

Re: Naturalisation for Main (5 Years) and spouse (3 Years)

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:01 pm

1. Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting

2. There is no requirement either for naturalisation or for a British passport that the applicant must be in possession of a "valid" passport. What is a required is a current passport (which may have expired) or uncancelled passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!