ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Need help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalmefrnd

Naturalisation - Need help.

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi,

I entered UK in 2011 as a dependent of my husband. My husband got his PR in 2012. I Got my ILR on Feb 2014. Now that I am planning to apply for Naturalisation need some clarification on the doubts I have.

1) Do I need to apply for Naturalisation based on 3 year stay in this country or as a spouse of a British citizen?
2) In case if I apply based on 3 year stay do I need to submit a copy of my husband s passport?
3) Since I am a house wife - regarding the good character, what supporting documents can I submit?
4) For the evidence of my 3 years stay in UK, do I need to submit any proof or will my passport and ILR will be sufficient?

Somebody please help me with these queries

Thanks in advance
kalmefrnd

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation - Need help.

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi,

I entered UK in 2011 as a dependent of my husband. My husband got his PR in 2012. I Got my ILR on Feb 2014. Now that I am planning to apply for Naturalisation need some clarification on the doubts I have.

1) Do I need to apply for Naturalisation based on 3 year stay in this country or as a spouse of a British citizen? Is your husband British or not as you state he has ILR? You can only apply in this category if your husband is already British otherwise you will need to wait for 5 years residence.
2) In case if I apply based on 3 year stay do I need to submit a copy of my husband s passport? yes or a photocopy
3) Since I am a house wife - regarding the good character, what supporting documents can I submit? Nothing that needs to be submitted. You can write 'unemployed'
4) For the evidence of my 3 years stay in UK, do I need to submit any proof or will my passport and ILR will be sufficient? Both passports, ILR BRP for you and marriage certificate, LIUK and English level B1.

Somebody please help me with these queries

Thanks in advance
kalmefrnd
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi,

Thank u so much for the reply. Its very helpful. My husband is a british now as he has got his british passport.

I worked in the UK for 3 months before I had my baby. Do I need to submit my HMRC documents or 6 months bank statement for a proof of stay in the UK ?

If u can help me clear these doubts it would be great.

Thank u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm

No, you can provide your NI number and still write that you are 'unemployed'. Make sure though that you were physically present in the UK exactly 3 years go on the date that HO receives your application otherwise it will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh cool ...!

Thank u so much once again for the details...!
Its been very helpful...!
Deepa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm

You are welcome. Happy to help if you have any more queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi,

Just last few queries before I apply for the Naturalisation :-

If I am applying through National Checking Service,
1) Do I need to take the photocopies of all the supporting documents or just the Originals?
2) Do I need to take a photocopy of my husband s passport or just the original?
3) Also the guide states that I need to mention the name and DOB behind the passport size photo and glue it on the application. But I could not find anywhere in the guide on how many photographs to be provided along with the one pasted on the application. Any guidance on this?

I would appreciate the reply for the above :-

Thank You
Deepa

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:10 pm

1. Originals - NCS will make copies and return originals.
2. Photocopy of the passport will be fine.
3. Two photos
I am sometimes wrong.