ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization with yr old expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amsidk
Newly Registered

Naturalization with yr old expired passport

Post by amsidk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello
My passport expired in march 2013 n ILR was stamped on 22nd feb 2012 but my 5 yr of residency completed in nov 2013 so i hv to wait till nov to apply for naturalization. I hv applied today with NCS but the guy said HO might raised the point tht ur passport is expired in march 2013 n there is no evidence to show tht u were in country for last one yr. Since im housewife so i dnt hv ny P60 or payslip or ny letter from gov tht confirms im in country. I hv given them one yr bank statement, water bill n council tax letter. Just wondering should i renew my passport n even if i do tht how it will fill one yr missing gap?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalization with yr old expired passport

Post by milan69 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

You have already applied so renewing your passport won't change much. I believe that you might have supplied enough evidence that you have been in the country for the past year. Maybe letters from GP, solicitor and similar might help as well. You may want to ask senior members to confirm this.
I am sometimes wrong.

amsidk
Newly Registered

Post by amsidk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 pm

I was just thinking if HO asked me for more evidence then what im going to do. I dnt hv any letter from gp though i hv been in n out of hospital n hv several visits to gp. I just hope they accept my bank statment.

kuljeet
Newly Registered

Post by kuljeet » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:28 am

my dear friend if you have not valid passport , it means you cannot travel any where except you home country. but if you have visited your home country then it means you cannot travel back to uk with valid passport. so its understood that you remain in uk in the last one year.
do not worry your case will be approved.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:49 am

You should get confirmation from your Embassy that you haven't received another passport since the expired one.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

riaan_32
Newly Registered

Post by riaan_32 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:42 pm

I too have this question. My ILR was granted in Aug 2011.
My passport expired Aug 2012. I'm married to a BC (got married in Nov 2010). The last time I left the UK was Oct 2011 for 7 days and haven't been out of the country since. I was self employed until the end of Dec 2012 and is now full time employed (PAYE) since Jan 2013. My question is whether I am able to apply for citizenship and if so would I be able to use my expired passport as I have used this for my IELTS and LITUK tests. Also which documents are required from my employer and do I have to provide any documents when I was self employed? Thank you in advance ...

amsidk
Newly Registered

Post by amsidk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:53 pm

riaan_32 wrote:I too have this question. My ILR was granted in Aug 2011.
My passport expired Aug 2012. I'm married to a BC (got married in Nov 2010). The last time I left the UK was Oct 2011 for 7 days and haven't been out of the country since. I was self employed until the end of Dec 2012 and is now full time employed (PAYE) since Jan 2013. My question is whether I am able to apply for citizenship and if so would I be able to use my expired passport as I have used this for my IELTS and LITUK tests. Also which documents are required from my employer and do I have to provide any documents when I was self employed? Thank you in advance ...
If u hv old passport then U hv to show ur current payslips or tax letter from HM revune, anything tht link with govt, this is what NCS officer told me.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm

In addition, your employer can confirm that you were employed and present all that time.
I am sometimes wrong.