ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

g_barrie_g

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by g_barrie_g » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 am

First Adult British Passport (overseas)

Application received by HMPO Liverpool: 14th March 2016
Acknowledgment email confirming UK checks are done: 6th April 2016
HMPO Bangkok asked for additional info/docs/photos and etc. : 2 weeks before 6th Dec 2016
Additional request sent to HMPO Bangkok: 6th Dec 2016
New passport received: 19th Dec 2016 around 9:45 AM
Passport issued: 14th Dec 2016

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:48 pm

g_barrie_g wrote:First Adult British Passport (overseas)

Application received by HMPO Liverpool: 14th March 2016
Acknowledgment email confirming UK checks are done: 6th April 2016
HMPO Bangkok asked for additional info/docs/photos and etc. : 2 weeks before 6th Dec 2016
Additional request sent to HMPO Bangkok: 6th Dec 2016
New passport received: 19th Dec 2016 around 9:45 AM
Passport issued: 14th Dec 2016
Congratulations!!!!

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 pm

First post on this forum, but have been reading alot.

Timeline
Application: UKF
Applied from Sweden

18/9 Application sent from Sweden.

21/9 Application delivered accordning to Royal mail

16/10 Cermonial fee taken.

17/10 Confirmation letter - email

18/10 Information mail about Biometrics and list of some of the documents sent in with application - email.

18/10 Biometrics fee payed.

19/10 Confirmation date given for Biometrics - email.

24/10 Biometrics completed in Stockholm.

27/12 (posted 20/12) Approvel letter with original docs recieved!

Now awaiting the date for cermony!

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:29 pm

swebri wrote:First post on this forum, but have been reading alot.

Timeline
Applied from Sweden

18/10 Information mail about Biometrics and list of some of the documents sent in with application - email.

Wow so fast!! =) =)
Congratulations!

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello all
I am Brazilian. Currently in UK with a tourist visa.
This is my timeline, UKF (British father)

30.09.16 -UKF form sent from inside UK
10.10.16 - debit fee
15.10.16 - biometric letter dated 12.10
17.10.16 - biometrics done

03.01.17 - approval letter with all documents.
Dated 28.12.16.

Waiting for the ceremony invitation! =)

Yanni
Newly Registered

Post by Yanni » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:49 pm

I see the case of Johnson as started to let everything go smooth. It's a case worth watching online. It happen in the supreme court.

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:48 am

Rhiannonrj wrote:Hello all

10.10.16 - debit fee

Dated 28.12.16.

Waiting for the ceremony invitation! =)

Congratulations! Looks like our timlines are about the same. Are you going to have your cermony in the UK?

I know that the process for both of us, so far, have been pretty quick compared to the first ones who applied, but when one is waiting it seems like forever.

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 am

Yanni wrote:I see the case of Johnson as started to let everything go smooth. It's a case worth watching online. It happen in the supreme court.
It is nice to see that they are forced to look over a part of the process for citizenship. I am thankful that I am given this oppertunity but personally I think it is kind of disgraceful that I have to apply for citizenship at all and have to take an oath, something children born now, as I understand it, does not have to do and something I never had to do regarding my other citizenship that I was given at birth.

Nevertheless, an exciting journey.

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:28 am

congratulations to both swebri and Rhiannonrj......will post my timeline as well.how long did it state on your approval letter for the ceremony?

Timeline
Applied from Sweden

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am

Timeline

UKF Application
Applied from Nigeria

13.08.2016 - Application sent via dhl
15.08.2016 - Application received at Liverpool
18.08.2016 - Ceremony fee deducted
19.08.2016 - Acknowledgement email sent
19.08.2016 - Biometrics letter received via email
24.08.2016 - Biometrics completed
07.12.2016 - Approval letter received with all the submitted documents now awaiting ceremony

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:25 am

Demmie wrote:Timeline

UKF Application
Applied from Nigeria

07.12.2016 - Approval letter received with all the submitted documents now awaiting ceremony

Congrats! Thats an interessting timeline, a rocket start and then nothing. About the same total time though.

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello all

10.10.16 - debit fee
Dated 28.12.16.

09.01.17 - invitation letter dated 30.12.16ĺ
Booked ceremony to 16.01.17

Just one more week to go! !!!

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:25 am

Rhiannonrj wrote:Hello all

10.10.16 - debit fee
Dated 28.12.16.

09.01.17 - invitation letter dated 30.12.16ĺ
Booked ceremony to 16.01.17

Just one more week to go! !!!

Good luck today!
Just a bit jellous over here :)

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello all

10.10.16 - debit fee
Dated 28.12.16.
09.01.17 - invitation letter dated 30.12.16
Booked ceremony to 16.01.2017

16.01.2017 - ceremony done and registration certificate received
So very happy!!! Wish good luck for you all

Now for passport. A bit worried because will need do adm Someone to countersign it for me... its so non-sense, have to ask someone to sign my pictures and seu that is me. Aff

Rhiannonrj
Newly Registered

Post by Rhiannonrj » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:15 am

Now for passport. A bit worried because will need to ask Someone to countersign it for me... its so non-sense, have to ask someone to sign my pictures and say that is me on the picture... :| :? Aff

Patches17
Newly Registered

Post by Patches17 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

wadiki2 wrote:
samnz19 wrote:Hi everyone, i'm about to start my application soon, just wondering if ill have enough time before my tier 5 UK youth mobility visa expires? Its 13/07/16 today and my visa runs out on 19/06/17, I'm thinking mine may take a bit longer as I have to get a DNA test done in the UK with my Dad because he wasn't added to my birth certificate until recently. I think if I start now I should be OK.

And is anyone else in the same position as me?

Father born in UK to British parents in 1953;
My parents never married;
I was born in New Zealand in 1988;
My father wasn't on birth certificate within 1 year - that's why i need DNA test;
My father is now on my birth certificate as my father;
I am living in the UK - youth mobility visa expires 19/06/17;

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks

hey samnz19! i am in the same position as you ive done my application over a year ago and due to my location being in the U.S i wasn't able to do my biometrics, finally i was able to do it last month and by the 1st of this month i got my documents back with a letter stating that i need to do a DNA test due to my father being added to my birth certificate after a few years of me being born. the DNA test will be a bit of a set back but its a straight forward procedure. i am not sure if there is a way to do it before they request it which would eliminate any delays but in my case i received a letter requesting it, with a link of UKVI credited DNA CORP. i then chose my preferred DNA CORP. and made the call. they will take all your info and may ask you to email them the request form UKVI sent you. then they will set up an appointment with the closest clinic to you and you go give your sample there and the same goes for your parent. then they send you a result as well as one to UKVI. As in my case its a bit more complex than that, my dad's package had to go to the british embassy in Jamaica as thats where he is currently located as if that isnt bad enough.. the embassy will take a while, up to 3 weeks depending on workloads to call him. my deadline is on the 27th and may have to ask the UKVI for an extention which may delay me even more. but hope this helps! good luck

I'm in a similar position in that my father is on my birth certificate but that is dated after 1 year of my birth. The additional problems is that he passed away when I was a child. This leaves me a little stuck in regard to to getting DNA from my father proving paternity. Any suggestions?

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 am

Patches17 wrote:
wadiki2 wrote:
samnz19 wrote:Hi everyone, i'm about to start my application soon, just wondering if ill have enough time before my tier 5 UK youth mobility visa expires? Its 13/07/16 today and my visa runs out on 19/06/17, I'm thinking mine may take a bit longer as I have to get a DNA test done in the UK with my Dad because he wasn't added to my birth certificate until recently. I think if I start now I should be OK.

And is anyone else in the same position as me?

Father born in UK to British parents in 1953;
My parents never married;
I was born in New Zealand in 1988;
My father wasn't on birth certificate within 1 year - that's why i need DNA test;
My father is now on my birth certificate as my father;
I am living in the UK - youth mobility visa expires 19/06/17;

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks

hey samnz19! i am in the same position as you ive done my application over a year ago and due to my location being in the U.S i wasn't able to do my biometrics, finally i was able to do it last month and by the 1st of this month i got my documents back with a letter stating that i need to do a DNA test due to my father being added to my birth certificate after a few years of me being born. the DNA test will be a bit of a set back but its a straight forward procedure. i am not sure if there is a way to do it before they request it which would eliminate any delays but in my case i received a letter requesting it, with a link of UKVI credited DNA CORP. i then chose my preferred DNA CORP. and made the call. they will take all your info and may ask you to email them the request form UKVI sent you. then they will set up an appointment with the closest clinic to you and you go give your sample there and the same goes for your parent. then they send you a result as well as one to UKVI. As in my case its a bit more complex than that, my dad's package had to go to the british embassy in Jamaica as thats where he is currently located as if that isnt bad enough.. the embassy will take a while, up to 3 weeks depending on workloads to call him. my deadline is on the 27th and may have to ask the UKVI for an extention which may delay me even more. but hope this helps! good luck

I'm in a similar position in that my father is on my birth certificate but that is dated after 1 year of my birth. The additional problems is that he passed away when I was a child. This leaves me a little stuck in regard to to getting DNA from my father proving paternity. Any suggestions?

When I sent in my application I did not include a birth certificate as they dont give out those in Sweden, were I am from. I had a certificate from the "tax office" wich had registered my father as my natural father, but no date when it had been registered. I do not know if it helped but what I did was to enclose a written explanation to my situation. I figured that the worst that could happen was that they would require additional documents and by doing so also guide me in the correct direction. Sure, it could mean a longer process but as I saw it it was the one way to go.

Good luck with your application and do keep us updated!

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Demmie wrote:Timeline

UKF Application
Applied from Nigeria

Congrats Demmie
Good to know it finally came through. Happy for u

PCB46
Newly Registered

Post by PCB46 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know what happens if your visa expires before your application under form UKF is decided?

I'm getting increasingly nervous. I applied under form UKF in Early November and completed biometrics soon after. My Tier 5 visa expires in April.

Can I continue to work etc while the application is decided? What about leaving the country and coming back in (I travel a lot!)

Any help/experiences would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Elemaac
Newly Registered

Post by Elemaac » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:59 pm

PCB46 wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know what happens if your visa expires before your application under form UKF is decided?

I'm getting increasingly nervous. I applied under form UKF in Early November and completed biometrics soon after. My Tier 5 visa expires in April.

Can I continue to work etc while the application is decided? What about leaving the country and coming back in (I travel a lot!)

Thanks

Hi PCB46,
I ended up contacting my local MP about this as my partner has been waiting on his passport and documents coming back from the home office while he was at the end of his tourist visa.
We were told that my partner could stay in the UK while his application was being considered even after his tourist visa was over.
He is from Australia and submitted his application from within the UK in mid-october.
Also, by the timelines here you may well get your application decision before the end date of your visa anyway!
I don't know if this will apply to you but I know that he was allowed to say past his Visa while the home office were dealing with his application, so I imagine you are in similar circumstances to him and you possibly can stay in the country.
All the best and good luck!
PS, my partner received a letter from the home office today but seeing as we were out at the time it was delivered, the letter has gone back to the Post Office Depot. Going to pick it up tonight so hopefully it is his application back and hopefully he has been successful!
God bless to you all x

PCB46
Newly Registered

Post by PCB46 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Elemaac wrote:
PCB46 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks

Hi PCB46,
I ended up contacting my local MP about this as my partner has been waiting on his passport and documents coming back from the home office while he was at the end of his tourist visa.
We were told that my partner could stay in the UK while his application was being considered even after his tourist visa was over.
He is from Australia and submitted his application from within the UK in mid-october.
Also, by the timelines here you may well get your application decision before the end date of your visa anyway!
I don't know if this will apply to you but I know that he was allowed to say past his Visa while the home office were dealing with his application, so I imagine you are in similar circumstances to him and you possibly can stay in the country.
All the best and good luck!
PS, my partner received a letter from the home office today but seeing as we were out at the time it was delivered, the letter has gone back to the Post Office Depot. Going to pick it up tonight so hopefully it is his application back and hopefully he has been successful!
God bless to you all x
Thanks Elemaac, I'm due to return to the UK from a trip to Portugal the day before my visa expires, so trying to get something in writing about it for the border guards! Might try my MP as well. Can you tell me, was your partner able to continue to work while this went on (or was that not an issue for you guys)?

Elemaac
Newly Registered

Post by Elemaac » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm

@PCB46,
unfortunately as he was on a tourist visa he couldn't work regardless, so i'm no help there, sorry!
However, my partner did get his letter from the home office today, he's been successful :D !!
So if things are running on time, and you said you applied early november? yours should only take a few more weeks.
God bless to you all,
we can finally sigh a big sigh of relief!!!

nay_nay
Newly Registered

Post by nay_nay » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:15 am

Hi all,
Been reading this post for months now and its been so useful. Just sent in my own application (from UK) so thought I'd start my own timeline...Hoping it doesn't take too long!

Application sent:- 24/01/2017
Application received in Liverpool:- 25/01/2017
*Waiting game begins!*

swebri
Newly Registered

Post by swebri » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 pm

Timeline
Applied from Sweden

25/1 Invetation letter from the British embassy. Date for cermony 14/2.
26/1 Called the embassy to confirm date and was offered new date 7/2.

nay_nay
Newly Registered

Post by nay_nay » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:24 pm

nay_nay wrote:Hi all,
Been reading this post for months now and its been so useful. Just sent in my own application (from UK) so thought I'd start my own timeline...Hoping it doesn't take too long!

Application sent:- 24/01/2017
Application received in Liverpool:- 25/01/2017
*Waiting game begins!*
Money taken 28/01/2017!!

Very pleasantly surprised at how quickly it has come out :D :D