ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New HO scheme Tandem Applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fielddrive

New HO scheme Tandem Applications

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before but here is some info people may find useful.

HO have started a new scheme whereby 5 councils are taking peoples nationality & passport applications at the same time. These councils are:

Kent
Southwark
Brent
Gloucester
Lancashire

On the face of it looks a brill scheme and you don't have to attend a secondary passport interview either and you get your passport straight after the oath ceremony.

The scheme will be rolled out to other councils as well so if you're applying in late Nov or Dec worth checking.

Note 1) Council will need to post the passport form to you, not sure if it is different than a regular passport form

Note 2) the british citizen referee should be the same for both passport and naturalisation application

Note 3) Passport photo should be same for both passport & naturalisation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New HO scheme Tandem Applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Yes, it has been posted before and some members have already been using it when applying for naturalisation. Check the October timeline thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 pm

fielddrive wrote:Not sure if this has been posted before but here is some info people may find useful.

HO have started a new scheme whereby 5 councils are taking peoples nationality & passport applications at the same time. These councils are:

Kent
Southwark
Brent
Gloucester
Lancashire

On the face of it looks a brill scheme and you don't have to attend a secondary passport interview either and you get your passport straight after the oath ceremony.

The scheme will be rolled out to other councils as well so if you're applying in late Nov or Dec worth checking.

Note 1) Council will need to post the passport form to you, not sure if it is different than a regular passport form

Note 2) the british citizen referee should be the same for both passport and naturalisation application

Note 3) Passport photo should be same for both passport & naturalisation
I've only seen the following councils mentioned before.

Canterbury - 03000 41 50 50
Bexley - 03000 41 11 03
Dartford - 03000 41 36 78
Maidstone - 03000 41 40 04
Ramsgate - 03000 41 19 19
Tunbridge Wells - 03000 41 22 34

I see you've mentioned Southwark, which I didn't see before. Is there a link you have available that I can take a look at? I'm applying in November so would be interested if it's offered by one of the councils in London.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

These are all offices of Kent council
cs95tdg wrote: Canterbury - 03000 41 50 50
Bexley - 03000 41 11 03
Dartford - 03000 41 36 78
Maidstone - 03000 41 40 04
Ramsgate - 03000 41 19 19
Tunbridge Wells - 03000 41 22 34

I see you've mentioned Southwark, which I didn't see before. Is there a link you have available that I can take a look at? I'm applying in November so would be interested if it's offered by one of the councils in London.
Call Southwark council they will be able to help. Other London councils will be introdcuing this service soon so always worth asking the NCS manager.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks for that. I called a few councils, including Southwark but they said they only offer the NCS service & haven't received any communication around this. My local council & Croydon don't offer the service either - based on what I've heard it's still a trial process available at a limited number of councils - whether or not it will be introduced at a broader level will depend on the outcome of the trial. So will have to wait and see.

Tried calling Brent (Wembley) and Bexley offices which are closer as well to get details around the process, so it's clear. Main convenience for me is not having to attend a passport interview & getting both forms completed at once. I enquired about the passport form, it's the same one you find at post offices. Brent council mentioned a few points around a few minor differences on how to fill a few sections in the form, including what you've already mentioned.