ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Racye14
Newly Registered

Re: November 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Racye14 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:57 pm

All those discussions about naturalisation would have been funny if I wasn't waiting as well. By the way if becoming British is just a "privilege" and is entirely at the HO's will then I am sure it shouldn't have cost us £906 or more each...

master_student

Post by master_student » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 am

jpk wrote:hahaha jpk you really made me laugh,
" We all knew it was going to take up to 6 months " actully we all knew that it will take less than 6 months and rarely when it takes 6 months or more, the home office r telling us is taking 6 months to give themselves enought time and room to process our applications in peack times. And yes I think is torture when you apply same time with other people with same nationality and already got their approval while myslef with a straightfrowad application I'm still waitign. indeed is torture.

"Get some perspective here, it's a privilege not an entitlement. "I'm not sure if you are the home office spokesperson or you are too naive but , actually I'm entitled to be treadted fairly and equally to any other applicants in the same category and is not a previllage. If they got thier approval in 4 weeks I should get mine in 4 weeks too
jpk wrote:At least I made you laugh.
You couldn't have possibly known that your application will take less than 6 months. What you assume a straight forward application might not be to the officials, no matter how much you have followed the guidance or advice you have received. You say torture, it is a mere mild irritation having to wait a little longer.

How do you know you are not being treated fairly and equally to other applicants? Do you know all the applicants that are in the "same" category as you? I understand you are frustrated but this is not the place to blurt out your rants of "it is a torture". Be quiet and consider yourself lucky being in this position.
Listen jpk, as many people agreed here that this is a forum and everyone has the right to express his/her feeling , views, opinion , and input , but respect is equired. So please don't be rude and dectate on me what should I do, "Be quiet " or not, I don't think is your business. if you don't like my opinion or my views simply DO NOT READ THEAM, being rude to people you will be reported and hence blocked by the admins so becarful what you are saying to other people.Be smart then, that's all I can advice you and I don't think you deserve any other reply from my end anymore.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello all,

I applied on the 17th November 2014 via NCS. Apart from acknowledgement letter from the Home Office in late November I have not heard anything since.

Am a bit worried here since I can see many who applied later than me have received their approvals. I tried emailing: NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and I immediately get a response saying "Please read since you will not get another response". In that email it said wait 6 months and only then call us at this number :(

Anyone else on the same boat? I'm getting increasingly worried by the week.

Thanks

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 am

I applied on 2 November. Nothing except ack. letter.

We can do nothing but wait. Really, nothing we can do.

So, we have to be patient and wait...

We can complain but it would be effective more or less only after 6 months pass. I don't think there is anything wrong with out applications. I am sure nothing is wrong. They do checks on referees at random, for example. Or just have some tea breaks... Who knows :lol:

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Maxwell wrote:I applied on 2 November. Nothing except ack. letter.

We can complain but it would be effective more or less only after 6 months pass. I don't think there is anything wrong with out applications. I am sure nothing is wrong. They do checks on referees at random, for example. Or just have some tea breaks... Who knows :lol:
Thanks for responding Maxwell. I know it sucks for you but I do feel a bit better knowing there are others in the same boat.

master_student

Post by master_student » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:00 am

xpscapable wrote:

Thanks for responding Maxwell. I know it sucks for you but I do feel a bit better knowing there are others in the same boat.

Me too I applied on the 18th of november no answer! I call everyday the HO , but I just being advised to wait wait wait

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:23 pm

This is an update of my status. Received my approval today. Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Eligibility criteria: Tier 2 General + 12 months on ILR
Language criteria met: AUS Degree + NARIC Letter + LIUK
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Huntingdon
Date of application: 26/11/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 08/12/2014 (via email)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/12/2014
Date approval received: 19/02/2015 (dated 14/02/2015)
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

xpscapable wrote:

There are things in life which may be much worse than waiting for couple or triple of extra months for British Citizenship... So let's not forget about it and enjoy our lifes :lol: 8) (even if we still have some constraints) There are many people who are not as lucky as we are... :D

Congratulations Nawaz! :)

mamamia007
Newly Registered

Post by mamamia007 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

[quote="mamamia007"]Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General +1 year ILR
Current nationality: Ukrainian
Language criteria met: Trinity college B1, life in UK test
Method of application: NCS Kingston upon Thames
Date of application: 18.11.2014
Method of payment: credit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 19.11.2014
Date of debit of fee: 29.11.2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29.11.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 21/02/2015 dated 17/02/2015
Date of ceremony: will book on Monday
Good luck to all still waiting :-)

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Maxwell wrote: There are things in life which may be much worse than waiting for couple or triple of extra months for British Citizenship... So let's not forget about it and enjoy our lifes :lol: 8) (even if we still have some constraints) There are many people who are not as lucky as we are... :D
Agreed, I just hate waiting with uncertainties :)

manatwork
Newly Registered

Post by manatwork » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Current nationality: Russians (Married couple, LTD + Employee)
Method of application: NCS Weybridge
Date of application: 21.11.2014
Method of payment: debit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 24.11.2014
Date of debit of fee: 01.12.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 23/02/2015 dated 15/02/2015
Date of ceremony: will be booked

Keep calm and don't panic to all still waiting!

mamamia007
Newly Registered

Post by mamamia007 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:44 pm

mamamia007 wrote:
mamamia007 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General +1 year ILR
Current nationality: Ukrainian
Method of application: NCS Kingston upon Thames
Date of application: 18.11.2014
Method of payment: credit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 19.11.2014
Date of debit of fee: 29.11.2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29.11.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 21/02/2015 dated 17/02/2015
Date of ceremony: 26/02/2015 private
Good luck to all still waiting :-)

nomyy
Newly Registered

Post by nomyy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:52 am

Current nationality: Pakistani (2 Yr HSMP + 3 Yrs Tier 1 + 1yr ILR)
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Newbury
Date of application: 24.11.2014
Method of payment: Credit Card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 02.12.2014
Date of debit of fee: 01.12.2014
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Just over 3 months now... hoping to hear something soon ... how's it looking for Nov 2014 applicants?
I think most of us have had a response.... All the best everyone...

egyeyes
Newly Registered

Post by egyeyes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Dear nomyy,
Don't worry I phoned them yesterday. I applied 3 days after you, they told me still under consideration . And the chap on the phone said that we should be worried if it is delayed till end of may as the end of six month time fram,
Remember no news is good news, it is just normal random checks they do and sooner or later we all getting there,
Cheer up

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Yea, I applied 4 months ago on 2 November. Still waiting.

Very straightforward application.

Not going to worry even after 6 months wait. what's the point. If they can't do something fast, I can't influence it until 6 months are over, only then we can complain to them and involve our MP. Then again, no guarantees it will help. So we should enjoy our lifes and don't break any rules... :lol:

By the way, it would be nice if someone will create Excel Table with all November applicants like they did in October thread...

tgnd83
Newly Registered

Post by tgnd83 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied on the 8th November and I'm still waiting. My application is also a straight forward one...

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Current nationality: Turkish
Council name if NCS used: Brent, London
Date of application: 8/11/14
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 25/11/14
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony:Waiting

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 pm

please update your details on the excel file

nomyy
Newly Registered

Post by nomyy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks for the reassurance guys...
I called them a couple of days a go and spoke to a women who couldn't be bothered much, standard response was to wait till 6 months before inquiring...
Lets hope it doesn't take that long :)

tgnd83
Newly Registered

Post by tgnd83 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:55 pm

I've received the approval letter today which is dated 25th Feb. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Current nationality: Turkish
Council name if NCS used: Brent, London
Date of application: 8/11/14
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 25/11/14
Date approval received: 5/3/15
Last edited by tgnd83 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xabi105
Newly Registered

Post by Xabi105 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Maxwell wrote:Yea, I applied 4 months ago on 2 November. Still waiting.

Very straightforward application.

Not going to worry even after 6 months wait. what's the point. If they can't do something fast, I can't influence it until 6 months are over, only then we can complain to them and involve our MP. Then again, no guarantees it will help. So we should enjoy our lifes and don't break any rules... :lol:

By the way, it would be nice if someone will create Excel Table with all November applicants like they did in October thread...
@Maxwell What a positive approach towards life :-) I created account just to reply to you and appreciate your sense of perspective and positivity. I couId not agree with you more as there is a lot more to life than unnecessarily worrying about the waiting . I visit this forum every now and then just to see what are the ongoing trends but never posted anything before. I applied back in start of October and still waiting.Good luck to you and all others waiting :-)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Thank you, Xabi :) thanks a lot :D

I think most people and me as well don't like uncertainty, waiting for something which can happen any time but not clear exactly when. I think Home Office need to create some form of tracking, like FedEx with parcel. They already did something like that in US.

If someone worries too much, I would suggest to have perspective. Plan something big and ambitious in your life which you are going to do anyway, no matter when you get approval. Also, if you have free time, fill it with some interesting and exciting and fun hobby. It depends on a persons interests but it must be really interesting. Some people like sports, other people like online gaming, other people like to spend time with their children, etc. So, for example, if waiting restricts you in some ways, you can't travel easily or do some business, etc then treat it as a given, not as a problem. Use it as an opportunity to do something nice, you would otherwise maybe not do or do but not in such details. Nobody likes waiting but we can enjoy our lifes while doing it and even enjoy the process of waiting in a way... You can tell yourself - I always wanted to do this hobby but never had enough time/focus/etc. Now I'm gonna really enjoy it while I am waiting, so I can't be happy about waiting but I can be happy about doing something fun and interesting while waiting. I will really do many interesting/fun things (or one long thing) while waiting and be extra-happy during this period of time, in a way, it gave me opportunity to enjoy life even more 8) :wink:

kuljeetsingh
Newly Registered

Post by kuljeetsingh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:38 pm

hi
it might be a silly question.is home office sending the nationallity approval letter through royal mail or they use different courier service and will it be sign delivery???

egyeyes
Newly Registered

Post by egyeyes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Most of the people mentioned that they found the letter, means they don't need to sign for it,

nomyy
Newly Registered

Post by nomyy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:25 am

I believe it's sent out using normal second class post.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Finally - after months of waiting I received my approval letter! Thanks to everyone on this forum it has been immensely helpful during my Tier 1 -> ILR -> BC journey.

Here's my timeline:

Language criteria met: University degree from an English speaking country
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Method of payment: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/11/2014
Date of debit of fee: 29/11/2014
Date of receipt of approval: 05/04/2015 dated 23/02/2015 (!)
Date of ceremony: soon!