ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

djazaira
Newly Registered

Police Caution

Post by djazaira » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 pm

My husband received police caution in 2007 and he is about to apply for BC.
Could caution affect his application? The Home Office AN guidance does not mention anything about cautions? It is a strange situation for me as cautions are the lightest penalties but they don`t become spent.....
Could someone experienced please provide answer to my question.

Much appreciated. Thanks

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 am

Hi,

Police cautions should not normally result to rejection unless it is of sexual nature or there are multiple cautions showing a pattern of offending.

See the below paragraph 3.4 of the Chapter 18 Annex D - Good Character requirement Rule book use by HO:
3.4 Cautions
3.4.1 When determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account cautions unless they fall into one of the following categories:
a.
If the caution or cautions are of a sexual nature that require the individual to be included on the Sex Offenders Register. Any application received whilst the individual is subject to reporting requirements on the Sex Offenders Register should be refused (see section 4 for further guidance).
b.
If the individual has received multiple cautions that show a pattern of offending, which causes harm to other individuals or to the community in general, and which, on the balance of probabilities, indicates the applicant is not of good character.
So, you know now!...There should not be any issue with your husband application Mrs :D