ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Naturalisation Refusal for Overstayers

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Potential Naturalisation Refusal for Overstayers

Post by RU55IAN » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello everyone!

It has been brought to my attention that there are many naturalisation applications are being refused on the basis of previous overstay/s in the 10-year period prior to applying.

In other words, if you came to the UK on a visitor/tourist visa and decided to stay illegally in, for example, May 2006, then you got married to an EEA citizen in May 2008 and then obtained PR in December 2013 and applied for naturalisation in December 2014, most likely your application would be refused.

Thought I'd share this.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Potential Naturalisation Refusal for Overstayers

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Yes refusals scenario is now tightened, and its being discussed here. Check this thread and this admin note for further information.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:01 pm

fwd079 wrote:Yes refusals scenario is now tightened, and its being discussed here. Check this thread and this admin note for further information.
Although the topics highlighted are beneficial for those that were asylum seekers. I don't think it helps for any others that are classified as overstayers in the circumstances that were highlighted by the OP

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 pm

The.Watcher wrote:
fwd079 wrote:Yes refusals scenario is now tightened, and its being discussed here. Check this thread and this admin note for further information.
Although the topics highlighted are beneficial for those that were asylum seekers. I don't think it helps for any others that are classified as overstayers in the circumstances that were highlighted by the OP

Oh okay, then perhaps its an old news.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.