ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryan1512lon

Question please

Post by ryan1512lon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Good evening everyone, can you please help me?

I am not sure if this has been answered, but my wife has an EEA 5 years visa expiring mid-September. We intend to apply for her indefinite leave and and British citizenship after 12 months required, but at the meantime I have been naturalized and I am now a British citizen.

My question is, after applying for her indefinite leave do we still have to wait 12 months as technically she is married to a British citizen (me) now? Or do we still go through the normal EEA route, although I am now British.

Second question, PLEASE, can you tell me if we can travel in August, knowing that her visa expires mid-September, will that be a problem?

Thank you for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question please

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Once she has Permanent Residency, she can apply immediately as spouse of BC without having to wait 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ryan1512lon

Post by ryan1512lon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks for your quick answer, I forgot to mention she is a non-EEA national, does that make any difference?

And can someone please tell for the travel, with her visa expiring mid-September?

Thanks again!

maruya
Newly Registered

ILR to citizenship after divotion

Post by maruya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have obtained my ILR 6 years ago. I have been in this country 12 years now.
Please could anyone advise me the following points to make sure I am eligible to apply for citizenship?

1)Unfortunately marriage failed years ago and wondering if this affects to my application to British citizenship?

2)I also took Life in the Uk test when I applied for ILR. Do I need to take the test again?

3)I have a plan to go away and need my current passport. If I apply through NCS, could I keep my passport and keep my travel plan?

4)Refees, could I ask my manager at work to be professional referee?

5)How long will it take for the process of getting new British passport after getting citizenship? My current passport valid till 2018. Do I need to change to British one straight after citizenship confirmed? Or could I wait till 2018?

6)Will I get my original passport back when new British one will be issued? Or Do I lose mine?

Appreciate your advice.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:59 pm

maruya wrote:Hi,

I have obtained my ILR 6 years ago. I have been in this country 12 years now.
Please could anyone advise me the following points to make sure I am eligible to apply for citizenship?

1)Unfortunately marriage failed years ago and wondering if this affects to my application to British citizenship?

2)I also took Life in the Uk test when I applied for ILR. Do I need to take the test again?

3)I have a plan to go away and need my current passport. If I apply through NCS, could I keep my passport and keep my travel plan?

4)Refees, could I ask my manager at work to be professional referee?

5)How long will it take for the process of getting new British passport after getting citizenship? My current passport valid till 2018. Do I need to change to British one straight after citizenship confirmed? Or could I wait till 2018?

6)Will I get my original passport back when new British one will be issued? Or Do I lose mine?

Appreciate your advice.
1- No
2- No. but add your test number in the AN form. UKBA has it on file.
3-yes you will keep it if via NCS
4-- if he/she falls in the category, then yes. check here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
5- 3-4 weeks on avergae to get your British passport.
6- yes. Passport agency will not keep your original passport or destroy it

maruya
Newly Registered

Post by maruya » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks for your advice!
Sounds like I am ready to apply now then! :D

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:48 pm

just to forget the changes from 28/10/2013 as you need to satisfy the fact that you have sufficient knowledge of English language beside your LIUK certificate
Have a look here : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4.0EXT.pdf