ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration of Naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalmefrnd

Reconsideration of Naturalization application

Post by kalmefrnd » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi,
After my Naturalization application was rejected due to wrong submission of English language certificate, I recently
Applied for reconderation of my application a month ago. They have deducted the fee from my account. But I have not received any letter stating that they have my application or its under process. Do I need to write a letter to home office to get confirmed or should I wait ?
Can someone tell me how long would the process take?

Thanks in advance.

martin54

Re: Reconsideration of Naturalization application

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:41 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi,
After my Naturalization application was rejected due to wrong submission of English language certificate, I recently
Applied for reconderation of my application a month ago. They have deducted the fee from my account. But I have not received any letter stating that they have my application or its under process. Do I need to write a letter to home office to get confirmed or should I wait ?

Thanks in advance.

What kind of English certificate did you summit and how come you didn't get a notice to summit another English certificate before rejection. It might take up to 3 to 6 months to be consider,only if you are lucky.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 pm

I had submitted A1 level certificate. Had not noticed about the changes. So the application was rejected . So I have now submitted the right certificate along with the application. Since I have not received any confirmation bit worried. The home office had not returned my life in UK certificate when they rejected my application. So that's another worry regarding my certificate
Deepa

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Most likely it will be a refusal.

You applied for naturalisation.
You sent A1. With A1 you do not qualify for naturalisation. So they refused you correctly.
Reconsideration and any change in decision from them will only occur if they made a mistake, or did not look at something previously. But as things stand, they made a correct decision, so your reconsideration request will not bear a positive outcome. Just my opinion.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Do you mean you re-applied with the application fee? If so, there's no reason why it should be refused if you've now submitted the correct proof of language. The Life in the UK pass will be held on the system.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:50 am

Casa wrote:Do you mean you re-applied with the application fee? If so, there's no reason why it should be refused if you've now submitted the correct proof of language. The Life in the UK pass will be held on the system.
He applied for reconsideration, not a new application.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Are you sure? The OP says he paid a fee. I'm trying to clarify whether he was asking them to consider a new application based on the correct language certificate. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Yes, I have applied for the reconsideration along with the right certificate and the application fee which is already deducted from my account.
Deepa

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Did you submit a new application? What fee did you pay?
(Casa, not CR001)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 pm

[quote="Casa"]Do you mean you re-applied with the application fee? If so, there's no reason why it should be refused if you've now submitted the correct proof of language. The Life in the UK pass will be held on the system.[/quote]

I think the payment has got you confused. You need to pay £80 for reconsideration

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 pm

OP is repeatedly saying that they have applied for "reconsideration".

Why is such a force being used on OP to say he made a new application?

Next thing we will see is overzealous people pulling out catapults and forcing questioners to get their help. :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 am

Always so helpful PrestonLancs :roll: After seven years and 7780 posts , if I've learned anything on the forum, it's to check thoroughly that the queries posted have been clarified.
(Casa, not CR001)

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Sometime it can sound like a kgb officer coercing people into writing a confession. :wink:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Hopefully, you've never had to face an interrogation by a KGB officer to be able to compare my posts.
(Casa, not CR001)

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:47 am

kalmefrnd wrote:Yes, I have applied for the reconsideration along with the right certificate and the application fee which is already deducted from my account.
Its entirely their choice, if you have submitted correct English form, they might make all the checks now, and decide in about two to three months. Keep us updated please. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:24 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.
hi mate , any news about your reconsideration , please update

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello,
Firstly I would like to thank all of you, who helped me with all my queries and doubts.
The good news is that, the citizenship is granted and Happy to share this with all of u.
But my last doubt is that I have received all my original documents except life in UK Test certificate. Do they hold this certificate with them or if not, what can I do about this.

Thank u,
Deepa

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:31 pm

[quote="kalmefrnd"]Hello,
Firstly I would like to thank all of you, who helped me with all my queries and doubts.
The good news is that, the citizenship is granted and Happy to share this with all of u.
But my last doubt is that I have received all my original documents except life in UK Test certificate. Do they hold this certificate with them or if not, what can I do about this.

Thank u,[/quote]

Hi,
No one gets back the liuk certificate as HO keeps it. So you do not need to worry about this

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Q thank u so much
Deepa

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:04 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Q thank u so much
Congrats
How long the whole process took?
Here is my awful experience with them
I got my naturlization refused because they said i entered the UK Illegally
I came to the UK on 3/12/2007 on spouse visa landed in manchester airport.My visa was valid from 25/11/2007 to 25/11/2009
after few months marriage broke down and i claimed asylum on 3/3/2008
was granted the refugee status on 16/12/2008
All my appeals were on time and was supported by NASS during this time
applied for naturlization on 1/4/2015 and shocking refusal letter was sent on 26/8/2015 saying that i didnt fulfill the good character requirements as i entered the UK illegally on 3/3/2008 which is totally wrong and incorrect
So the incompetence of the HO still on the move

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi,
It took exactly 4 months and 5 days after I applied for rent consideration.
Good luck with ur application
Deepa

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:37 pm

farfar wrote:
kalmefrnd wrote:Q thank u so much
Congrats
How long the whole process took?
Here is my awful experience with them
I got my naturlization refused because they said i entered the UK Illegally
I came to the UK on 3/12/2007 on spouse visa landed in manchester airport.My visa was valid from 25/11/2007 to 25/11/2009
after few months marriage broke down and i claimed asylum on 3/3/2008
was granted the refugee status on 16/12/2008
All my appeals were on time and was supported by NASS during this time
applied for naturlization on 1/4/2015 and shocking refusal letter was sent on 26/8/2015 saying that i didnt fulfill the good character requirements as i entered the UK illegally on 3/3/2008 which is totally wrong and incorrect
So the incompetence of the HO still on the move
It seems like HO has counted your stay in the UK (on your spouse visa) as invalid. You might have failed to notify them your separation. So between the time that your marriage broke down and that you gained refugee status, your stay was illegal.
https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

"If you only had leave to stay in the UK because of your relationship with your partner, you must leave the UK or apply for a visa to stay in your own right."

This is my understanding (I might be wrong).