ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee - Naturalisation - Filled using simple letters

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

techguy007

Referee - Naturalisation - Filled using simple letters

Post by techguy007 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Dear all,

1) When filling the referee section do we need to explicitly state one referee as a Professional referee an the 2nd referee as a Britisih National over 25 years age?

2) One of my referee filled the section using small letters which i noticed later. Will that cause a problem.
I have not submitted the application yet. Should i ask him to fill the section again using BLOCK letters?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee - Naturalisation - Filled using simple letters

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:40 pm

1. Your referees need to state how or in what capacity they know you, i.e. friend or work colleague or manager etc.

2. Makes no difference as long as the referees have completed the relevant part of the form and not you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

techguy007

Post by techguy007 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for the response.

1) Both i know as friends 6+ years. They just stated as " Friend". Is that enough?
The non professional referee is my manager as well in my work place.
But i have informed them if HO request information to reveal that he is my manager as well.

2) Do they need to specify the number of years that they know in the form

3) For my wife's application i'm using the same 2 as referees. Relationship was stated as Friend's wife.
Is that OK. They know my wife 4+ years as we always get together in parties/trips etc..

Thanks you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 pm

1. The professional referee should ideally state 'manager and friend'. Question 5.2 and 5.10 states clearly what they need to write.

2. It doesn't ask but they should know you for at least 3 years.

3. Stating 'friend' is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

techguy007

Post by techguy007 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi,

The "manager" is a the 2nd referee I adding as the British National who is over 25 years so writing Friend is OK isnt it?

The Professional referee is the Company Director/Owner. So should I ask him to write as Friend and Company Director/Owner and for my wife's application as Friend's wife or Family Friend.

Cheers