ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referee question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nevinMM
Newly Registered

referee question

Post by nevinMM » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:59 am

Hello,

I am preparing my documents to apply for British Naturalisation as well. I was wondering if there is any previous experience with using someone as referee in the category of Bank/building society official.
I work at the back office ( operations) of a UK bank and I am not too sure if my colleagues or a line manager ( associate/manager level) are considered as bank officials for the naturalization referees. It would make sense anyone working within a bank to be able to act as a referee however, I cant be sure.
Any further knowledge or experience with this?

Kind Regards,

noajthan

Re: referee question

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:10 pm

nevinMM wrote:Hello,

I am preparing my documents to apply for British Naturalisation as well. I was wondering if there is any previous experience with using someone as referee in the category of Bank/building society official.
I work at the back office ( operations) of a UK bank and I am not too sure if my colleagues or a line manager ( associate/manager level) are considered as bank officials for the naturalization referees. It would make sense anyone working within a bank to be able to act as a referee however, I cant be sure.
Any further knowledge or experience with this?

Kind Regards,
Try it.
if HO are not happy with referee they will ask you to nominate another.

And back office employee may also be:
  • Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company;
    Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company);
    Trade union officer;
    British Computer Society (BCS) - Professional grades;
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.