ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees and 3 year rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mouse294
Newly Registered

Referees and 3 year rule

Post by Mouse294 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 am

Hi guys. I am sorry for a very trivial question but it’s been driving me nuts recently.
I intend to apply for my citizenship on the day I came to the UK + 3 years (spouse of BC) however the date on my references is one day before that – essentially, my referees stated they met me 1 day before I came to the UK which is impossible.
Is one day really that important or should I change the date on my references to the one I am applying on?

Glc

Re: Referees and 3 year rule

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 am

[i][[quote]quote="Mouse294"]essentially, my referees stated they met me 1 day before, I came to the UK which is impossible.[/quote][/quote][/i]

Your referees should know you for at least 3 years. I don't think it's going to be a problem just as long as they meet the qualification in becoming referees.