ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RoA CoE for a British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shrikant124

Re: Right to Abode for Baby born in India for British citize

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm

naveenk wrote:hi shrikant124,

After sending email with National Insurance numbers and my limited company details and explaining the legislation as basis for my son's ROA, I got an email this morning saying again "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward".

Don't know what is not straightforward for them. Seems it's automatic email they are sending.
I will have to wait again.
I hope there is not a big rush of student visa applications as some members mentioned sometimes due to student visa applications, other categories will be delayed a bit.
Hi Naveen,

I'm quite sure, Chennai branch is short of staff leading to this delay. I don't think you've done anything wrong. You just need to be patient as we can't do anything specific here.

My wife is applying for the ROA visa for Son next Monday and I'll keep updating you on the progress.

Shrikant

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Moderator apologies in advance to reply in this post as I couldn't find how to start a "New Thread"!

So my questions is -
I am a Naturalised British Citizen and my wife got ILR for UK. She is India and baby due very shortly. We would like to apply for British passport for the new born in India before I make plan to bring them back to UK.
I will be visiting India soon for few days so please let me know documents and forms I need to submit.

I believe there is also Right to Abode option which is easier but do not know anything about this. I was given below link by Liverpool HMPO but I would really be greatfull if someone can share their personal experience with me.
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y ... hild/india

Many Thanks in advance
Amit

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Moderator apologies in advance to reply in this post as I couldn't find how to start a "New Thread"!

So my questions is -
I am a Naturalised British Citizen and my wife got ILR for UK. She is India and baby due very shortly. We would like to apply for British passport for the new born in India before I make plan to bring them back to UK.
I will be visiting India soon for few days so please let me know documents and forms I need to submit.

I believe there is also Right to Abode option which is easier but do not know anything about this. I was given below link by Liverpool HMPO but I would really be greatfull if someone can share their personal experience with me.

Many Thanks in advance
Amit

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:31 pm

amitbalaji wrote:Moderator apologies in advance to reply in this post as I couldn't find how to start a "New Thread"!

So my questions is -

Many Thanks in advance
Amit
Amit, best would be if you create completely new thread for your requirement as new thread get quick attention and immediate reply to queries.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi Naveen,

My wife has applied for ROA visa for my son today from Pune, India nodal office. I'll keep you updating on the progress.

Have you got any update from Chennai BHC?

Shri

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Srikanth,

Today I called the UKVI paid call. £1.37/min.
They told me if there was anything wrong with the application it would have been rejected by now.
They also told me if they needed more documents, they could have asked by now.
They told me that some checks were being made and we might get a decision sometime this week.
I hope it will be approved as we provided all documents and all details of me and my wife including NI numbers, limited company details.
I'm exhausted and just waiting praying to god.

Hope you application gets approved quickly. All the best brother.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:17 am

Hi shrikant124,

Today we got email from BDHC asking for below documents and gave us address:

1. Nine months pregnancy documents and hospital discharge summary.

2. Photographs taken at the time of pregnancy or at the hospital after birth of applicant.

It's surprising these documents were not mentioned in list of supporting documents for ROA.

Anyways atleast we know now why there is delay in processing.

We are sending these documents.

Hope this helps other ROA applicants so that there won't be any delay in their case.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:02 am

naveenk wrote:Hi shrikant124,

Today we got email from BDHC asking for below documents and gave us address:

1. Nine months pregnancy documents and hospital discharge summary.

2. Photographs taken at the time of pregnancy or at the hospital after birth of applicant.

It's surprising these documents were not mentioned in list of supporting documents for ROA.

Anyways atleast we know now why there is delay in processing.

We are sending these documents.

Hope this helps other ROA applicants so that there won't be any delay in their case.

Hi Naveen,

It also points that all your's other documents are good which was your main worry. On Photo: if you have then send photographs of your visit to the baby showing you,wife and baby. I've read in other threads that few have given bills too. I'm quite sure your's baby visa will be granted soon.

I've attached Indian hospital scan and few photographs to the application and hopefully these should be sufficient.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

Hi vinny, shrikant124, hima,

to submit these additional documents, do I have to book an appointment with VFS or can my wife directly go to Hyderabad VFS office to submit these additional documents ?

Please help me. Urgent.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 am

They gave the address to which the envelope to be sent.
I thought it will be more secure if we submit through VFS.
Alternative I can send it through DHL to Chennai BDHC.

Anybody submitted additional documents through VFS ? If so, plz let me know if I have to book appointment with VFS to submit additional documents.

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Post by amit13yogi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:50 am

Hi,
Please can someone confirm for baby British passport do father have to submit original British passport? I will be only staying in India for few days? I believe just the Naturalization certificate they want in original?

Thanks
Amit

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:51 am

Hi Amit,

I think certified copy of your british passport should be fine.
Your naturalization certificate should be original

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 am

naveenk wrote:They gave the address to which the envelope to be sent.
I thought it will be more secure if we submit through VFS.
Alternative I can send it through DHL to Chennai BDHC.

Anybody submitted additional documents through VFS ? If so, plz let me know if I have to book appointment with VFS to submit additional documents.
Naveen, give a call to VFS if you want to go personally. Otherwise, DHL is always reliable and fast.
Also, you are providing additional supporting doc personally means, anyone can go and submit it and it needn't to be your wife only.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:58 am

amit13yogi wrote:Hi,
Please can someone confirm for baby British passport do father have to submit original British passport? I will be only staying in India for few days? I believe just the Naturalization certificate they want in original?

Thanks
Amit
Original Naturalization letter is must have. you can provide attested photocopies of British passport.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks Shrikant124,

I thought VFS is secure but as you mentioned DHL also should be fine.
I might need these supporting documents when we apply for my son's British passport in future.
That's why I want them to safely reach BDHC without any loss and be returned after ROA is approved alon with all other originals.
I will use DHL secure courier delivery.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi shrikant124,

We are also now sending hospital scans(TIFFA scans during pregnancy) and discharge summary and other hospital docs during pregnancy and after delivery.

We have photos of baby from 21 days old onwards and photos show naming ceremony and other functions and me and my wife and baby appear in photos.

How many photos did you submitted along with your application ?

"I've read in other threads that few have given bills too." which bills ?

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:25 pm

hi shrikant124,

We are also submitting photos of my wife when she was pregnant.

The email mentioned "Photographs taken at the time of pregnancy or at the hospital after birth of applicant"

That's why we are submitting photos for both.

Did you submitted any photos of baby taken at the hospital ?

In our case we took photos after bringing the baby from hospital to home as we tohught taking photos immediately after birth might cause issues to baby due to flash/light.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:00 pm

naveenk wrote:hi shrikant124,

We are also submitting photos of my wife when she was pregnant.

The email mentioned "Photographs taken at the time of pregnancy or at the hospital after birth of applicant"

That's why we are submitting photos for both.

Did you submitted any photos of baby taken at the hospital ?

In our case we took photos after bringing the baby from hospital to home as we tohught taking photos immediately after birth might cause issues to baby due to flash/light.
Hi Naveen,

Your concern is right knowing flash light can cause issue. we luckily took some photos without flash mode.
I would suggest giving a cover letter why there are no photo from hospital (these days hospital don't allow photos too)

I have given a photo of 7 & 9 months pregnant wife, Baby Shower, wife and baby in the hospital, a couple of photos showing my visit to baby and mother. Not sure I missed anything.

I just wanted to prove wife was pregnant and delivered baby in hospital and I went to see them as father.

Also, write with a pen gently on back of photos to explain what that photo about. It'll help them to understand when that taken. I've done same.
Last edited by shrikant124 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:03 pm

naveenk wrote:Hi shrikant124,

We are also now sending hospital scans(TIFFA scans during pregnancy) and discharge summary and other hospital docs during pregnancy and after delivery.

We have photos of baby from 21 days old onwards and photos show naming ceremony and other functions and me and my wife and baby appear in photos.

How many photos did you submitted along with your application ?

"I've read in other threads that few have given bills too." which bills ?
Naveen, Bills can be of monthly medical shop bills, sonography bills, medicine required during actual delivery etc.. If I had 10 bills then would've given 5 most expensive bills covering all scenario

I have given a photo of 7 & 9 months pregnant wife, Baby Shower, wife and baby in the hospital, a couple of photos showing my visit to baby and mother. Not sure I missed anything.

Also on photo, write with a pen gently on back of photo to explain what that photo about. It'll help them to understand when that taken
Last edited by shrikant124 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Can you apply for the child's passport from within the UK whilst the newborn is in India? Has anyone tried it?

Reason I ask is one of the reputed solicitors I met suggested this route to me.

I have just come back from India with all the documents he had asked for. Wanted to know if anyone has taken this path before.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:10 pm

gre.bm691 wrote:Can you apply for the child's passport from within the UK whilst the newborn is in India? Has anyone tried it?

Reason I ask is one of the reputed solicitors I met suggested this route to me.

I have just come back from India with all the documents he had asked for. Wanted to know if anyone has taken this path before.
gre.bm691, you should open a new thread to get your question answered quickly. This is more about ROA

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:36 pm

shrikant124,

Thanks for the info. It looks like so many documents required to convince them.
These supporting documents they should mention on their website so that anybody who applies will be aware of it.
Thanks for the details info, I will do same.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:50 am

shrikant124,

Did you got any update from UKVI ?

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

naveenk wrote:shrikant124,

Did you got any update from UKVI ?
We only receive SMS from VFS that the application has sent through to UKVI. I'll chase them middle of next week knowing yours application also delayed to start processing. I'll let you know immediately when I received any new update.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:17 am

We sent documents by courier and the documents were received at BDHC today.
Hope they approve as we gave every document & photo we could since pregnancy.
Hope you get your approval early next week.
Seems they got lot of student visas going on since February which is why they needed some time to process other categories.