ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Naturalisation documents + timing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Qutuz658

Spouse Naturalisation documents + timing

Post by Qutuz658 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:09 am

Hi,

My wife has been in the Uk since march 2007, she recieved her ILR in april 2009, and hasent been out of the country for more than the maximum amount of days
Could you pls clarify all the documents that need to be sent in support of the Naturalisation application, and also the timing of the application, thank you all.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 am

Under which immigration category was your wife granted ILR? Are you a British citizen?

The documents needed to be submitted are (clearly) mentioned at the end of the Naturalisation form (AN).

regards

Qutuz658

Post by Qutuz658 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

she was granted ilr as a spouse after 2 years, yes i am a bristish citizen, thanks for that info i have read them now, just the timing of the application is a bit confusing?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:41 pm

She can apply anytime after completing 3 years as a resident in UK as your spouse (March 2010). See Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen.

KOL / Life in the UK test pass required.

regards