ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tire 1 kids ILR interesting question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tire1Questions

tire 1 kids ILR interesting question

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi there,
A friend of mine who is on Tire 1 G visa (had expiry date September 05, 2014) got ILR last week. He is going to apply for his wife (tire 1 G dependent) next week in PEO. Has appointment booked for August 20, 2014.
He has two kids both are on Tire 1 G dependent (and their visa expires on Sep. 05, 2014). He is confident of his wife getting ILR as her case is straight forward.

Once she got her ILR, can their children apply to MN1 (saving them to apply for ILR -which is lots of money- and then MN1). So far as I think, if the children overstays the visa (while their MN1) is under consideration should not affect them. Is he right in thinking? what would you guys recommend. Any seniors please comment.

Malik44

Re: tire 1 kids ILR interesting question

Post by Malik44 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:37 am

children can be registered as British on MN1 form even one of parent (father or mother) is settled/ILR
subject to if children are born in UK.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:59 am

hi,
The children are not born in UK. Can they still be registered on MN1 or do they have to get ILR first.. Thanks for reply.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 am

Malik44 wrote:children can be registered as British on MN1 form even one of parent (father or mother) is settled/ILR
subject to if children are born in UK.
Thanks. But both the children are not born in UK.

What happens to the children who are still on tire1 G dependent visa but both the parents have ILR. Cannot the children be registered on MN1? Is there no other route for the children?
Will the children be deported? Just curious.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 am

also see

Q3: I’m due to apply for ILR. Can I skip applying for ILR for my child?

If the child is UK born, then he can apply for registration as BC once one parent is granted ILR, irrespective of immigration status so ILR application can be skipped. However, the process of applying + passport application can take 3-6 months so if there are plans for the child to travel during that period, he will require a suitable visa to re-enter the UK. In that case, you should not skip the ILR.

For children born outside the UK, ILR is normally required.