ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Reference Number for Q 1.1 on AN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

npeshkar
Newly Registered

UKBA Reference Number for Q 1.1 on AN1 Form

Post by npeshkar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,

I hold an ILR, the only evidence of which is the ILR page on my Indian Passport. This page has a number on it, though I think this is the ILR number. The only other document I hold from UKBA / HO is the covering letter they give when they handover the ILR stamped passports - there is only a case ID on this letter, no reference numbers. I am not sure where else to find the UKBA reference number asked for in Q 1.1. My Life in UK test documents also have no mention of a reference number.

On my original Work Permit, I do have a "Worker Reference Number", I am unsure if this is a Home Office number or not.

Any advice is most appreciated. By the way, I have an NCS appointment at Reading tomorrow, will the NCS staff member be able to guide on this issue? Thanks.

NP

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

I would use the case ID from the ILR approval letter. Normally HO letters include "Our ref" but I have seen many ILR approval letters without a reference number but only containing the case id.

Anyway, this number is really not hugely important (in case you get it wrong) as you'll also submit a copy of your passport and HO can trace any information from the ILR sticker/BRP.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: UKBA Reference Number for Q 1.1 on AN1 Form

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm

npeshkar wrote:Hi,

I hold an ILR, the only evidence of which is the ILR page on my Indian Passport. This page has a number on it, though I think this is the ILR number. The only other document I hold from UKBA / HO is the covering letter they give when they handover the ILR stamped passports - there is only a case ID on this letter, no reference numbers. I am not sure where else to find the UKBA reference number asked for in Q 1.1. My Life in UK test documents also have no mention of a reference number.

On my original Work Permit, I do have a "Worker Reference Number", I am unsure if this is a Home Office number or not.

Any advice is most appreciated. By the way, I have an NCS appointment at Reading tomorrow, will the NCS staff member be able to guide on this issue? Thanks.

NP
I will tell you from my personal experience. My wife's ILR letter only had case ID but no reference number. I assumed this is due to the fact that we applied for ILR together (she was on dependent visa before) and only one reference number was allocated for my application and two case IDs. Anyways, coming back to the point, we left 1.1 blank and went to the NCS to ask for their advice. The lady at NCS asked us to leave the question blank and FYI my wife received her approval fairly soon after.

npeshkar
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by npeshkar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Thank you for the information.