ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM Application issues - Maternal Grand Mother Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jasonryanw1
Newly Registered

UKM Application issues - Maternal Grand Mother Application

Post by jasonryanw1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:13 pm

I have recently applied and had a non successful UKM application due to the fact that my mother held a UK and colonies passport, but did not confirm her UK citizenship before leaving the UK to move to Canada in the 1970's

For more clarification, my mother was born in Saint Kitts in 1950 (UK overseas territory until 1983). My mothers family left the island to move to Birmingham in 1967 and my mother lived in the UK until 1976 when she moved to the Canada - where I was born.

I wanted to get clarification that I can re-submit my application with my maternal grandmothers information as she is still alive and has been living in Birmingham since 1967, except for a few years where she also lived in Canada. In hindsight,I am aware this could mean that I am not able to pass on the citizenship if approved, but I am ok with that as I am no longer to live in the UK under my current tier 2 visa that is sponsored from my current employer.

I should have sent in more information than I did the first time around to avoid all of this fuss, but will get this second application in ASAP to not waste time.

Thanks in advance for anyones help in clarifying this situation!

Fingers cross this could be my saving grace as I was hoping for better news today!

Jase

jasonryanw1
Newly Registered

Filling in the Form UKM - advice please!

Post by jasonryanw1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

I am Canadian born and currently live in the UK on a Tier 2 Work Visa. I would like to apply for UK citizenship using form UKM - my mother and grand mother were born in the Saint Kitts and Nevis in 1927/1950 and I was born in Canada before 1983. I have a few questions that I would appreciate any feedback on:

1 - Both my Grand Mother and Mother moved to the UK in 1967 before Saint Kitts and Nevis became an associated state of the United Kingdom. My Grand Mother registered as a citizen of the UK, my Mother moved to Canada in 1976, but still held a UK passport w/o the right to abode. Can I still register under my Grand Mother? Do I need my Mother to register at the same time?

I had previously done an application not realising that my mother did not fully register as a citizen of the UK before moving to Canada which led to an unsuccessful application. What would be the most logical move for me to make next?

Any advice would be extremely helpful!

Thank you!