ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Rez57 wrote:... and I gave them a false name and DOB.anyway I entered uk after and claim asylum and grant refugee status in 2010.now after about 7 years being in this country legally and lowfully my BC application refused because I gave wrong details to UKBA in France.
"The secretary of state is not satisfied you are a good character as you deliberately tried to mislead a government departmenthat."
This is the only reason why they refused my application..
Do you think it's worth to reconsider or argue the refusal or not?
Please help me if anybody have or heard same situation.
If you gave false information then on what grounds do you think you have for an appeal against such a decision?
How old were you?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Selfie
Newly Registered

Unsuccessful applications

Post by Selfie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Guys,

Crying for help, plz!

I came to uk in 2008, and on arrival at airport, was interviewed for asylum and got refusal next day whilst detained at the airport.

Then I was sentenced to 4 months in jail, and the cahrge was that ''I was unable to provide valid immigration documents to enter the uk''.

2 yrs later, I was granted refugee status (5 yrs), followed by indefinite leave to remain.

I'm due to apply for naturalization in Jan 2017, but I'm told that my application will be refused, cuz I had a conviction, although it was long time ago, and I have to wait for 10 yrs, before I can apply for naturalization!!

I read the guidline over and over and it's quite confusing really!

Wondering if anyone has been through the same thing, and if this's true?

Plz post your kind responses.

Many tahnks

Selfie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Selfie wrote:Hi Guys,

Crying for help, plz!

I came to uk in 2008, and on arrival at airport, was interviewed for asylum and got refusal next day whilst detained at the airport.

Then I was sentenced to 4 months in jail, and the cahrge was that ''I was unable to provide valid immigration documents to enter the uk''.

2 yrs later, I was granted refugee status (5 yrs), followed by indefinite leave to remain.

I'm due to apply for naturalization in Jan 2017, but I'm told that my application will be refused, cuz I had a conviction, although it was long time ago, and I have to wait for 10 yrs, before I can apply for naturalization!!

I read the guidline over and over and it's quite confusing really!

Wondering if anyone has been through the same thing, and if this's true?

Plz post your kind responses.

Many tahnks

Selfie
Please post this as a new topic in the forum. This thread is ONLY for applications that have already been refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 pm

unfortunate my reconsideration application not granted.
reason we are not happy during that period (during my asylum case, 2004 to 2007) your are not
involve in any work which you didn't prove. :shock:
So before 10 years of period your case will not be success.
But all depend on case worker who deal your reconsideration. Try your luck.

anana12027 wrote:Hello
Yes this that time we were asylum seekers and getting Nas support. How was your case? Are you still waiting for reconsideration?
If you don't mind share your journey.
Ps I have already sent it off. I even sent all the documents again in case they wanted it.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:28 am

Oh my god Rassel I'm so sorry to hear that. What was the wording of their letter? Did they say what should you do next?? I mean what will happen next? New Application for naturalisation??
Also how long did you wait for this decision? I mean how long did it take to let you know ?
Also during your asylum case you are not supposed to work and for citizenship is it not just the last 5 years?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:40 am

anana12027 wrote:Oh my god Rassel I'm so sorry to hear that. What was the wording of their letter? Did they say what should you do next?? I mean what will happen next? New Application for naturalisation??
Also how long did you wait for this decision? I mean how long did it take to let you know ?
Also during your asylum case you are not supposed to work and for citizenship is it not just the last 5 years?
Letter:
before 10 years of period your case will not be success
Past 10 years or more is taken into consideration for good character - its not about "last 5 years" at all.
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf

hrbix
Newly Registered

Post by hrbix » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 am

Hello,

My British Citizen ship application got rejected last year at the very beginning of November (2015) with the reason being that residency card is a new requirement. I've spent a couple of months with the application, learning and passing the citizen ship test and everything so obviously I started filling out the aplicaron for in September 2015 already. Towards the end of October 2015 my application was already prepared but as I was leaving the country for about a week I decided that I will go to the post office myself and send it off when I come back. My application ended up getting rejected with the reception date of my application being the very beginning of November. So my question is how was I ever supposed to know that the new law is coming into force in November and when exactly did this law came into force. I was really shocked that they rejected the application because of that and did not allow anytime for people to get informed about this new law.

Thanks a lot for your reply and I'm looking forward to reading your opinions.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:17 am

Its applicant's obligation is to submit a valid application.
You could have checked on Gov UK website. Its always prudent to do that as even the forms can and do change from time to time.
You could have used NCS which would have caught your expensive oversight for the expense of a modest fee.

irp87
Newly Registered

Post by irp87 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an EEA national and I applied and got my permanent residency card earlier this year. When I made the application I submitted evidence for the period September 2010 - September 2015, and the actual card was issued on 10th of March. On October 2016 I applied for naturalisation via NCS and it got refused with:
"Based on the evidence you provided with your application for Permanent Residence card you were deemed to be permanently residence with effect from 01st April 2016.

Although you have been exercising treaty right in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years, you have not had permanent residence for 12 months prior to the date the application was received in the Home Office and you do not meet the requirement set out on our website at http://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen. Whilst the Secretary of State has discretion to waive this requirement she is not prepared to do so in this particular case. Your application was therefore been refused."
I was quite disappointed as everything I've read here and on the booklet made me think that I can start counting the 12 months from the time that I submitted my documentation for at the end of the 5 years (September 2015), and not the date that I actually receive the card in my hands.
The Naturalisation booklet explicitly states (section 6):
"When you apply for a permanent residence document the evidence that you supply for your EEA(PR) application must be for a 5 year period that ended at least a year before you want to apply for citizenship.

For example:

If you apply for Permanent Residence on 1st December 2015 and want to apply for Citizenship once that application is decided, you should send evidence that shows you were exercising Treaty rights as a qualified person or family member from 1 December 2009 to 1 December 2014."
Now, my question to you is:

Is it even worth doing the form NR now and request a reconsideration, or should I just wait until 10th of March (I don't even know where they got the 1st of April date on the refusal letter..) and do the whole form again from the beginning?

I don't really know how to do the form NR, the guidelines are very minimal. How much documentation do I need to send with it (passport? All the original documents that I submitted for naturalisation?) and there's no nationality service checking or equivalent for it. Which makes me think I might just waste another 272 pounds if I don't do it right.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 pm

irp87 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am an EEA national and I applied and got my permanent residency card earlier this year. When I made the application I submitted evidence for the period September 2010 - September 2015, and the actual card was issued on 10th of March. On October 2016 I applied for naturalisation via NCS and it got refused with:
"Based on the evidence you provided with your application for Permanent Residence card you were deemed to be permanently residence with effect from 01st April 2016.

Although you have been exercising treaty right in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years, you have not had permanent residence for 12 months prior to the date the application was received in the Home Office and you do not meet the requirement set out on our website at http://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen. Whilst the Secretary of State has discretion to waive this requirement she is not prepared to do so in this particular case. Your application was therefore been refused."
I was quite disappointed as everything I've read here and on the booklet made me think that I can start counting the 12 months from the time that I submitted my documentation for at the end of the 5 years (September 2015), and not the date that I actually receive the card in my hands.
"When you apply for a permanent residence document the evidence that you supply for your EEA(PR) application must be for a 5 year period that ended at least a year before you want to apply for citizenship.

For example:

If you apply for Permanent Residence on 1st December 2015 and want to apply for Citizenship once that application is decided, you should send evidence that shows you were exercising Treaty rights as a qualified person or family member from 1 December 2009 to 1 December 2014."

Is it even worth doing the form NR now and request a reconsideration, or should I just wait until 10th of March (I don't even know where they got the 1st of April date on the refusal letter..) and do the whole form again from the beginning?

I don't really know how to do the form NR, the guidelines are very minimal. How much documentation do I need to send with it (passport? All the original documents that I submitted for naturalisation?) and there's no nationality service checking or equivalent for it. Which makes me think I might just waste another 272 pounds if I don't do it right.
What day did you apply in oct ? Have u chicked what the exact date for your intitlement PR in thier database via SAR ?
In my situation as follow
I came to Uk in may 2010 and applied for PR in may 2015 and recieved my PR card in January 2016 then I should send my application AN in may 2016 but I requested a SAR and found out my PR statue in thier database in oct 2015 not may so I sent my application in oct 2016 after one year from the PR statue but in thier record in databank even tho it's wrong Nd not as because in may 2016 I completed 6 years but they have different calculations from us , I havnt recieve the outcome yet but I assume in ur situation ur PR status in thier database in April 2016 as they wrote in the refused so u can apply in April 2017
I'm not sure but that's I think so maybe I'm right or wrong but maybe any moderators will tell u the right answer .

irp87
Newly Registered

Post by irp87 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Indianlonly wrote: What day did you apply in oct ? Have u chicked what the exact date for your intitlement PR in thier database via SAR ?
I came to Uk in may 2010 and applied for PR in may 2015 and recieved my PR card in January 2016 then I should send my application AN in may 2016 but I requested a SAR and found out my PR statue in thier database in oct 2015 not may so I sent my application in oct 2016 after one year from the PR statue but in thier record in databank even tho it's wrong Nd not as because in may 2016 I completed 6 years but they have different calculations from us , I havnt recieve the outcome yet but I assume in ur situation ur PR status in thier database in April 2016 as they wrote in the refused so u can apply in April 2017
I'm not sure but that's I think so maybe I'm right or wrong but maybe any moderators will tell u the right answer .
Interesting. I applied on 10th of October 2016. What is SAR and how did you request to find that out? I think you're right, they probably have me down as 1st of April 2016.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 pm

irp87 wrote:
Indianlonly wrote: What day did you apply in oct ? Have u chicked what the exact date for your intitlement PR in thier database via SAR ?
Interesting. I applied on 10th of October 2016. What is SAR and how did you request to find that out? I think you're right, they probably have me down as 1st of April 2016.
SAR is an application u can download it online and send it its called saubject application request and it's cost 10£ and home office send u all the data held about u in ukva database and they have date of ur PR and they will state that with the data
As I said before I ment to Send my application in may but in thier data oct so I sent mine in oct instead may .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Fast-track subject access request - from UKVI is free of charge.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Worth noting it is not designed to answer such questions as date of acquisition of PR.
It is not a foolproof and failsafe system; the date may not be recorded or it may be plain wrong.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:36 pm

I applied for SAR and I recieve mine stating my deemed PR entitlement PR . Nd was after 5 years Nd 5 months .

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Indianlonly wrote:I applied for SAR and I recieve mine stating my deemed PR entitlement PR . Nd was after 5 years Nd 5 months .
I forget to mention that the lady in Ncs fotocopied this page from my SAR which state my PR entitlement and send it with my passports and and ilets and the original liuk .

ampandya
Newly Registered

Post by ampandya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi all

My naturalization was refused because the bank passbook wasn't verified in my past application in 2009 and the application was refused. I applied in another category and finally got ILR last year.

I have been advised to wait until 2019. I am going to wait for it anyway.

But the question is can I go out of the country?
Has anyone been refused BC and gone out of the country and come back?

Please advise!

Many thanks

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi, sorry to hear that, can you please share your time line , when did you applied ?

ampandya
Newly Registered

Post by ampandya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 pm

ampandya wrote:Hi all

My naturalization was refused because the bank passbook wasn't verified in my past application in 2009 and the application was refused. I applied in another category and finally got ILR last year.

Please advise!

Many thanks

I sent my and my wife's applications end of August 2016 and got her approved and my rejected on the 7th week..

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:01 pm

ampandya wrote:
ampandya wrote:Hi all

Please advise!

Many thanks

I sent my and my wife's applications end of August 2016 and got her approved and my rejected on the 7th week..
Sorry I don't undeRstand the reason of refusal ? What it mean bank passbook wasn't verified ?

ampandya
Newly Registered

Post by ampandya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi
I applied for tier 1 general in 2009 and that application was refused saying the bank statement from Indian bank cannot be verified and it seems to be false.

Then I applied for tier 2 with cover letter and it was granted in 2010. My wife was my dependent.

We got ILR on July 2015. And we apply for BC in August 2016.

I got my refused with the reason I have used deception in the past and my wife got BC. The letter says I can apply after August 2019.

I want to know if I go to india, will there be any problem coming back?

Thanks

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 pm

If you applied at the end of August, then you received your decision in October or recently?

ampandya
Newly Registered

Post by ampandya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:31 pm

October exactly after 7 weeks of application.

I am planning to go to india now that's why I post this message.

mnop
Newly Registered

Post by mnop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

irp87 wrote:Hi everyone,

For example:

This seems odd to me, because issuance date of the DCPR does not need to be 12 months prior your AN application:
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

here it clearly states:
Using your document to apply for citizenship
You can only use your permanent residence document to apply for British citizenship after you’ve lived in the UK for 6 years.
That means you must wait another 12 months if you’ve only lived in the UK for 5 years when you get your document.
But you can apply immediately if:
[*]you’ve already lived in the UK for 6 years when you get your document[/color]
Something about your dates doesn't make sense. Were you in the first year of the September 2010 - September 2015 on WRS (Worker Registration Scheme)? Otherwise if you applied in October 2016, you would have lived in the UK for 6 years.

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello,

I sent my NR application in July and still no answer... :? :cry:

orakzai1
Newly Registered

Post by orakzai1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi I have applied for reconsideration and 3 months now for HO stupidity and no outcome still. From various forums i have read a very long wait for reconsideration from 8 month to years . A lady waited for 2 and half year before she did judical review and they agreed with in 6 weeks after that. So the question is, is there anway to pressurise them with a judical review to speed things up. Because HO don't care unless u take them to court. Any advise please?