ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - UKBA requested my driving license and counterpart

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guyintheuk

Urgent - UKBA requested my driving license and counterpart

Post by guyintheuk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

I have applied to citizenship in August
I have received a letter from UKBA asking for my DL and counterpart ..
I have FPN (3 points) but it was more than 12 months before I apply for my naturalization application and I have paid it on time - no court at all
of course I'm going to send it but why should they ask about it !
could you please advice !

sib797
Newly Registered

Post by sib797 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 pm

did you mention that in your application?

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm

If the matter didnt go to court and you paid the fine with in time, then you dont have to disclose it on the application form.

You should be fine.

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:58 pm

did you use your drivers licence as proof of id to obtain life in the uk test ?

if yes, then that's the reason most likely.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

No i haven't use my DL as id but i disclosed my FPN in the application, it was paid on time and without court

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

guyintheuk wrote:No i haven't use my DL as id but i disclosed my FPN in the application, it was paid on time and without court

Yes now i know why they want your DL and counterpart. As i said in my previous post, you didnt need to disclose your FPN if it didnt go to court but you did.

When UKBA made a check, they couldnt find it, so they want to make sure that it didnt go to court by seeing ur counterpart.

You should have not mentioned that in your application.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

ok thanks for your explains ..
but how come they couldn't find it !!! I believe they should find it easy when they check with DVLA without the need of requesting my counterpart
and how they will make sure it was without court from the counterpart ?
could you clarify this please ?

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 am

If you look at your counterpart, you will see the 3 point penalty written by hand.

If didnt go to court, you will see that column left blank

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 am

thanks
but I believe this is not a problem for them, they could check without asking me to send it to them !!!
just wasting time and more delays

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 pm

guyintheuk wrote:thanks
but I believe this is not a problem for them, they could check without asking me to send it to them !!!
just wasting time and more delays
Well you might think its a waste of time but they want to make the right and well informed decision by seeing everything . Imagine if they had just refused you without checking ? So , this might be good for you than you think , send them asap and you will have your approval soon :D

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 pm

you are right
but what I wanted to say that they could easily check it without my counterpart .. anyway of course i will send it and lets see ...

will keep you all informed

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

hello guys ... just want to clarify this before I send my counterpart to the HO
at the moment I hold it and it written as following
conviction court cose: 2048 FIXED PENALTY
date of conviction: -----------------
offence code SP50
date of offence: 21/02/2011
Fine: (nothing is written)
Disqual period: (nothing is written)
Other: (nothing is written)
Penalty points: 03

how can I make sure if it is from court or not ???
I'm sure I have paid it on time and I didn't go to court or it did not go to court
waiting from you guys

thanks

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Additional to the above, I have called the court today and they confirmed that the FPN is just FPN without court conviction. so I sent the counterpart to the HO, Also my original documents which I have sent with the original application been returned to me when they sent me the letter to require the counterpart and DL

Please guys can any one help

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 pm

guyintheuk wrote:Additional to the above, I have called the court today and they confirmed that the FPN is just FPN without court conviction. so I sent the counterpart to the HO (...) Please guys can any one help
Could you please clarify: what exactly is your question? It seems that everything is settled - you have confirmed that it is a simple FPN from over a year ago (ergo, no big deal) and submitted the requested documents to the Home Office. Everything seems to be peachy now, or did I read over something?

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 pm

the question is why they have asked for it if they can know everything without it ??
another thing how do you know from the counterpart itself if the FPN is through court or not ?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:12 pm

guyintheuk wrote:the question is why they have asked for it if they can know everything without it ??
Every answer would be speculation at this point. I see nothing to get too worried about, though.
guyintheuk wrote:another thing how do you know from the counterpart itself if the FPN is through court or not ?
One cannot - but I daresay that most people will know pretty well whether they have been to court or not.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm worry because it is not important too much to stop my citizenship approval ..
I'm sure I wasn't at court .. I know I have paid on time and it was even before I get my ILR, and it was declared on my ILR application

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Relax. They probably just want to confirm something, consolidate their records, verify some information, do stuff like that. Whatever it is, you cannot do anything about it now - let it go its due course. Getting grey hair over it will not change a thing.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:18 pm

sorry guys for keep asking but I have came cross strange thing in the HO letter sent to me requesting the counterpart and DL
they have written exactly:

Before we can proceed further please send all the following original documents to this office by (date)

- Driving licence and counterpart licence

These documents are required to demonstrate the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation; specifically that you meet the residence requirements for naturalisation

My question is what is the relation between driving licence or the counterpart with resident requirements ? any help ?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am

none to be honest, this might be an unchanges template. HO has Word Docs used as templates and they dont always change everything on it before sending it out. I got a letter from the HO once addressing me as Mr XXXX and the next paragraph said if you need your Husband's documents back..... which is not the case with me as I am not in a civil partnership but married to my wife.
guyintheuk wrote:sorry guys for keep asking but I have came cross strange thing in the HO letter sent to me requesting the counterpart and DL
they have written exactly:

Before we can proceed further please send all the following original documents to this office by (date)

- Driving licence and counterpart licence

These documents are required to demonstrate the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation; specifically that you meet the residence requirements for naturalisation

My question is what is the relation between driving licence or the counterpart with resident requirements ? any help ?

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

hello guys...
my solicitor called me today and I have received approval from HO
but he said still the invitation letter should come within few days
why some of people applying for naturalisation should wait invitation letter and other don't ? any reason for that ?

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 am

Hi Guyinthe UK

Congrats on your approval.I know you are in august club as i am also in aug club and i was sure u will get the approval as ur application was straight forward.

I got approval last month and inshallah will appear for uk citizenship ceremony-5th december.

Jaffar