ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would I still get a british passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Would I still get a british passport?

Post by conradelliot1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi

Recently, HO sent out a deportation order against me. Though luckily I appealed against HO at the first tribunal. I was not allowed under immigration law..but was allowed under the human rights act, because my children are british and so is their mum.

It is to my understanding that after 5 years I can apply for british citizenship.

I am a bit worried as I do not see my children anymore... it has been 4 months. Because of my past criminal convictions... I am aware that if I commit any crime I would be deported within the 5 years of my settlement in the UK. But, because the only reason why I am able to stay in this country was because I had a relationship with my children. Now that I don't see my kids... would HO still let me, when I apply after 5 years, to have a british passport to get british citizenship?

Say if I have a new girl friend, had kids with her...supported her and the children and got a god job and stayed out of trouble. Would HO forget to ask me about my other children or why I don't see them? and would they allow me to stay in the country because I am good to my new girlfriend and new kids..

Seneca

Re: Would I still get a british passport?

Post by Seneca » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:18 pm

It all depends on nature of your conviction and when is going to be spent.

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Seneca wrote:It all depends on nature of your conviction and when is going to be spent.
So it does not matter if I do not see my kids anymore?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:54 am

It all depends on your circumstances like length of your sentence, what sorts of leave you hold at the moment etc. If you can provide more details it will help you to get better advice.

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi

Immigration knew of my convictions earlier even though I won my appeal. Though warned me that I should stay out of trouble. Which I have.

I only got accepted under human rights because I was seeing my kids. But I have now left my kids as I don't like the mother. Though I will not tell immigration that I personally left my kids but their mother stopped me from seeing them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:41 pm

conradelliot1 wrote:I only got accepted under human rights because I was seeing my kids. But I have now left my kids as I don't like the mother. Though I will not tell immigration that I personally left my kids but their mother stopped me from seeing them.
How selfish is this of you?? Your children did not ask to be born and now you just give them up because 'you don't like their mother' and that you will go to such deceptive lengths by lying to the UKBA about their mother, just so that you can stay in the UK!!

Absolutely appalling!! :evil:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Seneca wrote:It all depends on your circumstances like length of your sentence, what sorts of leave you hold at the moment etc. If you can provide more details it will help you to get better advice.
I have limited leave... Would it matter if I don't see my kids.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:50 pm

What kind of limited leave do you have and on what grounds it was granted?

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Seneca wrote:What kind of limited leave do you have and on what grounds it was granted?
Dis....something leave. I was granted under human rights conventions based on my kids. But was denied under immigration law

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

children's passport issue?

Post by conradelliot1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi

I have a biometric card and would have a British passport after 10 years.

I got my status in the UK because of my kids being British. I do not see my kids anymore.

I have found out that my ex, the mother of my kids, have got British passports for both of my kids, though my name and surname is not presented on their passports, even though my kids have my last name. Plus, the mother also issued, I think before, that I am not allowed to issue passports for my kids as In fear that I would be using my kids to get permanent stay in this country.

I do not see my kids at all and do not wish to see them.

Though, I am worried by the fact my name is not presented on my kids passports, does this ruin my chances of getting permanent stay in this country to get a British passport. Would immigration know about this? Would they find this odd that I am not stated on my kids passport.

Just to add immigration think I still have contact with my kids.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 pm

I would fight to the death for my kids, what kind of person are you? Seems to me a British Passport is more important to you.

Grow some balls and do the right thing.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:25 am

conradelliot1 wrote:Hi

I do not see my kids at all and do not wish to see them.

Though, I am worried by the fact my name is not presented on my kids passports, does this ruin my chances of getting permanent stay in this country to get a British passport. Would immigration know about this? Would they find this odd that I am not stated on my kids passport.

Thanks
Hang your head in shame for having the effrontery to state on a public forum that you do not wish to see your own kids and then wanting to stay in the UK on the basis of those kids, what an horrible excuse for a man are you? Pathetic!

badratio

Post by badratio » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm

1. 4 years’ or more imprisonment Application will normally be refused, regardless of
when the conviction occurred.
2. Between 12 months’ and 4 years’ imprisonment Application will normally be refused unless 15 years have passed since the end of the sentence.
3. Up to 12 months’ imprisonment Applications will normally be refused unless 7 years have passed since the end of the sentence.
4. A non-custodial offence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on a person’s criminal record. Application will normally be refused if the conviction occurred in the last 3 years.

Hope you never get BC.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

badratio

Re: children's passport issue?

Post by badratio » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm

conradelliot1 wrote: I do not see my kids at all and do not wish to see them.

Thanks
Immigration will know about this. They'll know it from me.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:17 pm

I believe everyone is being judgemental without knowing the full story.

I love me kids, the mother of my kids would not let me see my kids, as I admit I was abusive, she insisted that I should get a court supervision order for my kids. Immigration are aware that I have been trying to see my kids, maybe not in the right way by turning up to her house threatening her, which the police were called and I did tell the police that she would not let me see my kids.

She keeps insisting for me to get a court supervision order to see my kids as I was abusive in the past and does not want to take that risk and put the kids through that again. But the issue is, I have already done the supervised visits, for about a year now, so it got me angry that she is saying I should persist with another supervised contact order, as she does not trust me and fear of the abuse and the kids witnessing it. So I got tired and thought to myself, that there is no point, I don't like the mum for being unreasonable, I won't see my kids then she can have them.

Noon knows the pain I feel, I see dads playing with their kids, having sleepovers, taking their kids to school. But the mother just keeps telling me "no", because of our abusive pasts, plus social services being involved in the past as well.

Yes, in truth I would like to stay in the country, why is that a bad thing? Maybe in the future, I'll consider seeing my kids again. I just can't be asked with the hassle of the mum.

Can someone please answer my question, without repeatedly being unpleasant towards me.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Your question has been answered by badratio, no matter what the problem may be, grow a pair and not stating on a public forum that you do not wish to see them whilst subsequently wanting to remain in the country on foot of thier citizenship. Somethings are better kept to yourselves.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 pm

dalebutt wrote:Your question has been answered by badratio, no matter what the problem may be, grow a pair and not stating on a public forum that you do not wish to see them whilst subsequently wanting to remain in the country on foot of thier citizenship. Somethings are better kept to yourselves.
And to add Dalebutt, the last para in the first post says, makes a mockery of all of us that abide by the immigration laws.
Say if I have a new girl friend, had kids with her...supported her and the children and got a god job and stayed out of trouble. Would HO forget to ask me about my other children or why I don't see them? and would they allow me to stay in the country because I am good to my new girlfriend and new kids..
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

conradelliot1
Newly Registered

Post by conradelliot1 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 am

Why would I be sent to prison? That does not make any sense.