ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born in Dhekelia - IEC Visa Application

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooperadam
Newly Registered

Born in Dhekelia - IEC Visa Application

Post by cooperadam » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

Hi,

This is something that I can't seem to find any information on anywhere.

I recently filled out the form for International Experience Canada and got into the pool but was then denied. The only reason I can think of is that there is confusion about where I was born despite being a British Citizen. I was born in British Sovereignty in Dhekelia in Cyprus

When it comes to the Country/Territory of Birth dropdown I don't know whether to put United Kingdom or Cyprus or anything else? And then for city (You can type, there isn't a dropdown) would I put Dhekelia despite it not really being a city?

It says on my Passport that I was born in Dhekelia but there is no option for it anywhere.

Please help!

cooperadam
Newly Registered

Re: Born in Dhekelia - IEC Visa Application

Post by cooperadam » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:08 pm

And now the pool is open to apply again and I still don't have a clue!

If I went into the embassy and asked do you think they could help?

They have a number to call for help for International Experience Canada but you can only call it...within Canada.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:14 pm

What nationality does it state in your passport? Is it British citizen or something else?

cooperadam
Newly Registered

Post by cooperadam » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:29 pm

It says British Citizen.

cooperadam
Newly Registered

Post by cooperadam » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 pm

ohara wrote:What nationality does it state in your passport? Is it British citizen or something else?
Its the fact that on the form it says "Country/Territory of Birth" and Dhekelia is a British territory however the country its in is Cyprus.

cooperadam
Newly Registered

Post by cooperadam » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:22 pm

cooperadam wrote:
ohara wrote:What nationality does it state in your passport? Is it British citizen or something else?
Its the fact that on the form it says "Country/Territory of Birth" and Dhekelia is a British territory however the country its in is Cyprus.
On my passport it says "Place of birth Dhekelia" but there is no option for that on the dropdown. And then even if there was I don't know what i'd put for City as these are all required parts to put in. Its driving me mad!