ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Visitor Visa from UK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nikitasha8

Canada Visitor Visa from UK

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:45 am

Hi all

my parents will be coming to UK on visitor visa next month and would like to apply from Canada visitor visa from here. As they are also applying for US visa from india they do not have enough time to apply for Canada visa from India as they are coming to UK on 18/07. My questions are:

1) Can they apply for Canada visitor visa from UK while they are on Visitor visa in UK. I had applied for Canada visitor visa when I was on visitor visa in US few year back but not sure about UK.

2) Also, I have got multiple visitor visa for 5 years in my old passport, would I be able to travel to Canada with valid visa but on old passport (old and new passport are attached together).

Many Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Canada Visitor Visa from UK

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:23 am

nikitasha8 wrote:Hi all

my parents will be coming to UK on visitor visa next month and would like to apply from Canada visitor visa from here. As they are also applying for US visa from india they do not have enough time to apply for Canada visa from India as they are coming to UK on 18/07. My questions are:

1) Can they apply for Canada visitor visa from UK while they are on Visitor visa in UK. I had applied for Canada visitor visa when I was on visitor visa in US few year back but not sure about UK.

2) Also, I have got multiple visitor visa for 5 years in my old passport, would I be able to travel to Canada with valid visa but on old passport (old and new passport are attached together).

Many Thanks
1) Yes. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre ... 017&top=16
2) Yes. See page 67 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/ ... 04-eng.pdf

nikitasha8

Re: Canada Visitor Visa from UK

Post by nikitasha8 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:08 am

Thank you for your reply.