ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Work Permit

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fillinspaces
Newly Registered

Canada Work Permit

Post by fillinspaces » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 am

Hi everyone.

Like lost of other persons, we also want to move to Canada from UK. We are british citizens. We came across an immigration consultant in Canada who has promised a work permit for us. The route is that he has got a job offer letter for me after getting permission from Labour Market which he will send to us and then he wants us to go on a visitor visa to Canada and he says that the work permit will be issued at the airport itself.

Is it something very common and possible? or do we need a work permit before flying to Canada.

noajthan

Re: Canada Work Permit

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:16 am

fillinspaces wrote:Hi everyone.

Like lost of other persons, we also want to move to Canada from UK. We are british citizens. We came across an immigration consultant in Canada who has promised a work permit for us. The route is that he has got a job offer letter for me after getting permission from Labour Market which he will send to us and then he wants us to go on a visitor visa to Canada and he says that the work permit will be issued at the airport itself.

Is it something very common and possible? or do we need a work permit before flying to Canada.
Sounds dodgy.

And you don't appear to be British so "don't count your chickens before they're hatched" as my old relatives used to say.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1389993
How did you answer the future intentions question on AN form?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Canada Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.