ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does it take min 3 years to immigrate to canada ?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hanna

Does it take min 3 years to immigrate to canada ?

Post by hanna » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:56 pm

How long does it really take to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker?I spoke to the immigration lawer and she told me that it takes 2-3 years.But yesterday I looked at the official Canadian embassy website in London and it sais there that it takes min 3 to 4 years.So I am considering this situation now.Should we go any further?

mal
Newly Registered

Post by mal » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Hanna

I think 3 years could almost be an underestimate these days. I applied in Sept 04 and was advised of an 18 month wait then. I received my visa in Aug 07 so that's 2 yrs and 11 months,nearly double the original estimate.
Do you think you'll still go for it?
Mal

jserrg
Newly Registered

Post by jserrg » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:25 am

Hi Mal,

This site http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immi ... times.html is saying that you will receive Canadian Immigration Visa in less than a year or even less than 6 months with some offices if you have a job offer.

Besides if you have a job offer you can get Temporary Resident Visa and Canadian Work Permit and enter Canada with it. They say you can get it in a matter of days or weeks.

So if I understand these right having a job offer I can enter Canada immidiately. OK in a couple of months maybe.

I can apply for Temporary Work Permit and Immigration Visa at the same time. I enter Canada and start working with Temporary WP. In meanwhile my Immigration Visa will be issued. OK. One year. I am already working with Temporary Work Permit.

So what's the purpose of waiting 3 years? Where's the trick?

Could you or anybody who knows explain me the difference between your story and what they promise.

Thanks to all in advance!

Richter

Post by Richter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:49 am

If you have a job offer it is pretty quick.

If you applied for skilled worker visa (no job offer) before Sept 06 you are looking at three years start to finish.

If you applied under the new simplified process (post Sept 06) you are looking at around five years start to finish. AORs going out from London office are currently quoting 42-48 months before they get back to you to start processing. This can take up to a year depending on how involved your application is.

Best to take your estimates from CIC, not from immigration lawyers:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/processing_times.htm