ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I Immigrate to Canada after deportation from USA?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bobby_x23
Newly Registered

How can I Immigrate to Canada after deportation from USA?

Post by bobby_x23 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 am

Hello all,

I arrived to the USA in 1999 as a Lawful Permanent Resident. In 2001 I committed a crime of misdemeanor (credit card fraud under USD$800) or as it is name by USA immigration (crime of Moral Turpitude). I was never incarcerated I only got 2 years probation. In 2003 I married a USA citizen and we have to boys 3years and 4 years old. My wife had submitted a petition with INS to grant me my pr status back. In November 2006 ICE showed at my door to get me deported from USA. As a result I am now back in my country of citizenship.

Is now been 2 years since deportation; I am a professional Computer Science Engineer (IT, Network Administrator) and I would like to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa to Canada. I have several questions:
1. Will my previews case of deportation prevent me to obtain the visa?
2. Should I answer yes to the question in the form that says “Been Ordered to Leave Canada or any other countryâ€