ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is IELTS test compulsory-pre 26th June 2010 application

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jay09

Is IELTS test compulsory-pre 26th June 2010 application

Post by jay09 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 am

Guys,

Please is there a legitimate expectation that IELTS is not compulsory for any application sent to CIO before June 2010 (precisely march 2010).

My application was recommended for processing at the the London office in May 2010 and at that time, you can either provide proof of evidence to support your english ability or an IELTS test score.

I have already taken an IELTS test and result should be out soon... but I'm just looking at other options that I may have just incase i don't get the required score(si should be fine really).

Please advice.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Is IELTS test compulsory-pre 26th June 2010 application

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 pm

jay09 wrote:Guys,

Please is there a legitimate expectation that IELTS is not compulsory for any application sent to CIO before June 2010 (precisely march 2010).

My application was recommended for processing at the the London office in May 2010 and at that time, you can either provide proof of evidence to support your english ability or an IELTS test score.

I have already taken an IELTS test and result should be out soon... but I'm just looking at other options that I may have just incase i don't get the required score(si should be fine really).

Please advice.
If the visa officer is not satisfied with your written proof, they will assign you the language points they think you should get. They will not ask for IELTS. If you ask them (with proof) that you should get 16 points, and they assign you 10, that's all you will get. IELTS is the only way to get the points you want (based on your IELTS score).

Ray

jay09

Post by jay09 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Ray,

IELTS test result is back and it looks good even though I only read the preparation material just the night before the test.

Overall points earned=14 out of maximum 16. Not bad at all.

Break down is as below:

Listening=8.0-------4pts
Writing= 7.0---------4pts
Reading=6.0---------2pts
Speaking=8.0---------4pts

I can understand why I had such a low score in reading.....reasons best known to me.....

Thanks for all your assistance. Full application has been sent out today to London office. Now the waiting begins....

Jay

Kalugampitiya

Post by Kalugampitiya » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi Jay,
Please could you post steps that you have done and post your letter formats that you have submitted to London Office.
My sister is going to do her process on her own. It will be really grateful.
Many Thanks in advance,
Kalu

jay09

Post by jay09 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jay,
Please could you post steps that you have done and post your letter formats that you have submitted to London Office.
My sister is going to do her process on her own. It will be really grateful.
Many Thanks in advance,
Kalu

Kalu,

Kedu ka imere.......ole nke na eme......Igbo man lol

The steps required has now changed compared to when I applied to the CIO.

Now you have to send all documents together with your initial application to CIO. She should make sure her occupation is amongst the 28 listed once.

Once that is certified, IELTS should be the next thing to get....for someone who knows his/her 'onios' it should be fairly easy to get the required points. Also, don't forget that you need proof of funds and transcripts of all post secondary education. Letters of reference from previous and current employers are very important and also contract of employment.

I may be forgetting something but I think it could be just about it. In my case I had to include my professional membership certificates, marriage and birth certificate of my 2 daughters as well.

You can send me a PM if you need more info.