ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor's Visa during sponsorship processing

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cabacha
Newly Registered

Visitor's Visa during sponsorship processing

Post by cabacha » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:15 am

Hi All,

I am a canadian landed immigrant currently living in Canada. My wife is in India and I am waiting for her Police Certificate from USA (She lived with me in US for a year before I moved to Canada) before I could file her sponsorship application.

My only question is:

After I submit her sponsorship application in Mississauga, can she get a visitor's visa from Canadian Consulate in Delhi,India. I was thinking that she can visit me on a visitor's visa while her application is being processed (takes around 3-4 months). Does it affect her sponsorship application in any way?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

rely

Re: Visitor's Visa during sponsorship processing

Post by rely » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:05 am

cabacha wrote:Hi All,

I am a canadian landed immigrant currently living in Canada. My wife is in India and I am waiting for her Police Certificate from USA (She lived with me in US for a year before I moved to Canada) before I could file her sponsorship application.

My only question is:

After I submit her sponsorship application in Mississauga, can she get a visitor's visa from Canadian Consulate in Delhi,India. I was thinking that she can visit me on a visitor's visa while her application is being processed (takes around 3-4 months). Does it affect her sponsorship application in any way?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Yes,
May be but chances are less because generally they dont issue visitor visas if PR application is under process.Ther is no harm in trying except losing few bucks for processing fees at New Delhi.

rely.