ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits : affecting ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Udani
Newly Registered

Benefits : affecting ILR?

Post by Udani » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:04 am

Hi John;

I am a new member and I must say that discussion on this board is so great that I couldn't stop myself to post my question. all of your answers to different questions are very helpful for the readers as well.
though reading this thread made a lot of things clear but I want to be very sure to avoid any future problems hence putting my question;
"I was on Tier-1 general visa for 5 years and I am on ILR since May 2016. my husband joined me in July 2014 as Tier-1 dependent. My income was 35000/year during last 5 years. i was doing two jobs to meet visa income requirements. after ILR I stopped 2nd job as i was pregnant, baby born in July and I am on maternity since June 2016. In May 2016 when i received ILR my husband got his 2 year extension as PBS dependent with no access to public funds restriction. when i applied for his visa i submitted declaration that i can meet his expenses without accessing public funds.
My husband is working full time and his income for last year was £10800 and this year we are expecting it to be between 14000 -16000 for year 2016-2017.
I need council help to meet my expenses. The only benefit i am claiming is Child benefit of £20.50 per week and it is under my name.
i want to apply for housing benefit and i will be claimant but my husband's details will be part of the application. we will apply for his ILR in May 2018 and My question is bcz i had submitted declaration of sponsorship and if i claim Housing benefit will this effect his ILR?
Please reply soon.
Thank you for taking time to read my long post.
Best Regards
Mrs Danish

noajthan

Re: Benefits : affecting ILR?

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:59 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:03 am

You can only be awarded HB at the single person + child rate.

Although your husband won't be considered in the claim, his earnings will be included in the calculation to assess whether you qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi Casa and Noajthan;

Thank you both for prompt reply. I have applied for HB, lets see what happens ;-)
thank you again for your advice.

Regards