ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits : affecting ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

onun
Newly Registered

Benefits : affecting ILR?

Post by onun » Fri May 27, 2016 5:13 pm

John if you see this, pls I need advice, I have got be honest here, we have LOTR as a family after nearly 3years of battle for settlement under child 7 year rule and me 10 year rule and lots of troubles with appeal, judicial review and then HO decides when the case went to High Court Administrative court, to reopen the case and then granted 30month LOTR instead of what we asked for with the condition that although my children qualify direct quote their parents are not allowed to claim benefits for them, so till date have never claimed CB, but due to financial circumstances esp when we were stopped from working for 6months prior to the LOTR being granted, I decided to claim for child tax credits only. Now been stopped HMRC informed me that I am under no recours to public funds, I now want to apply for ILR as one of the conditions I was told by accompanying letter said unless I meet 120 of stay in UK before I can apply for ILR, now in total I have 144 months, the letter did not say if the 120 months starts from the day I receive the LOTR or if includes all other months spent. A solicitor friend pointed out it means I am qualified to apply for ILR but i am a bit scared knowing what I have been through, I am now afraid that the child tax credits would stand in the way, but I have seen in a similar thread someone saying they have LOTR but allowed public funds after reassessment, do you know how this works? Reassessment and would it affect ILR application as I now have a 10 year old and 7 year old? any one with similar experience pls help, I am so confused and desperate here, lacking sleep, very nervous and sinking into depression.