ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen with EEA Citizen Partner not working

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello,

My EEA Partner is self-sufficient through my Financial Support and he has practically not worked more than Seven months since January 2015 because it has been tough for him when looking for work. Me being the breadwinner and having to pay everything on an annual salary of £28k; can it be possible to claim any help from the Housing Benefits or will I still be considered to be earning well above even though my partner is being taken in charge for everything until he finds employment?

Thank you,

Trevor

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen with EEA Citizen Partner not working

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Your entitlement to benefits will based on your circumstances and household income.

Use the benefit calculator to work out what you might be eligible for.

https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you CR001,

Because I work for the NHS; I have a basic Pay and Outer London Allowance of 15%
What counts when submitting the information regarding the annual salary?
Any idea?

Thank you,

Trevor

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Your whole amount, inclusive of London allowance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:30 am

I checked the kink about the benefits tests and it reported that I could be entitled to Housing Benefits... Feeling good about it...

Really with my annual salary of £28K it should be deemed sufficient by the HO to accept my partner to be a genuine self-sufficient person in the UK? I have to support him financially until he can find a job that can last for more than a few months; but in the meantime I have been the breadwinner ever since January 2015....

Thank,

Trevor

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:10 am

On another issue, does your EEA partner have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) in order to exercise their Treaty rights as self-sufficient? As a British citizen you are unable to sponsor them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 am

Hello Casa,

For the first year in 2015 he relied from his European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), and even worked for three months that same year. Then in 2016 he worked twice for a total of four months and I think he stayed without cover for a couple of months until he left end of October 2016. He returns from Portugal on 24 February 2017 after nearly four months of absence. However this time I arranged for him to have a CSI beginning from the 20 February 2017; a few days before he is meant to come back...

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello,

Call me paranoid but a EEA Citizen having all his living expenses covered for by his unmarried partner with a weekly budget of £70 towards the cost of buying the household food can be considered as self-sufficient?

I mean he had to leave the UK for nearly four months and will return next week. I also paid for his flight tickets and paying towards the cost of his Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, while he is looking for work.

An application for a registration certificate on the basis that he is a qualified person as self-sufficient would generally not be rejected?

We are also merging both our bank accounts to make a joint account for him to use as he requires while residing in the UK.

We are also thinking of getting married so I don't know if marriage will make a difference when submitting the application for a registration certificate.

Thanks,

Trevor

tmonaghan
Mood:

Voluntarily Unemployed & JSA

Post by tmonaghan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:20 am

Good morning to all,

My EEA partner left his job voluntarily in August 2016 after four months and left the UK for four months from 30 October 2016 to go back to Portugal to resolve some issues with the Inland Revenue in his home Country. He is now returning next week on 24 February 2016; and we were told by the Your Europe Advice that he should be entitled to apply for Jobseeker to receive JSA while looking for a job in London for up to three months upon his return. I am British and we have been living together in the UK since January 2015 but my partner has always been living in the Uk as a Self-Sufficient person with CSI supported by my financial support. Is the Your Europe Advice right in their thinking? I heard that if someone resigned from their employment they would have to wait at least 26 weeks before they can be considered for JSA. Could my partner in theory apply as a jobseeker upon his return from Portugal and exercise his Treaty Rights as a jobseeker for several months?

Will my income affect him receiving JSA?

Many thanks,

Trevor

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi, I was wondering whether a EEA Citizen with a CSI and not working but married to a British Citizen will be protected from deportation if the UK government decided that all those EEA Citizen without PR would have to leave the County. Thank you,

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Article 8 Right to a private and family life basically provides some protections against deportation on the basis of

Family Life

Article 8 also provides the right to respect for one’s established family life. This includes close family ties, although there is no pre-determined model of a family or family life. It includes any stable relationship, be it married, engaged, or de facto; between parents and children; siblings; grandparents and grandchildren etc. This right is often engaged, for example, when measures are taken by the State to separate family members (by removing children into care, or deporting one member of a family group).