ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit affecting ILR Dependant

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vijay.pailla

Child Benefit affecting ILR Dependant

Post by Vijay.pailla » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Dear all,

Could I request someone to please confirm, my wife's ILR not being affected if I claim any child benefit.

Details: I am on my ILR since november 2012 and my baby got British passport. I am in the process of applying for my baby's child benefit on my name.

My wife is due to apply for her ILR in December 2013 through SET(M) application form.

Hope this wont affect her further ILR application process. She is on her dependant visa right now

Thanks and Kind Regards
Vijay

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child Benefit affecting ILR Dependant

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Vijay.pailla wrote:Dear all,

Could I request someone to please confirm, my wife's ILR not being affected if I claim any child benefit.

Details: I am on my ILR since november 2012 and my baby got British passport. I am in the process of applying for my baby's child benefit on my name.

My wife is due to apply for her ILR in December 2013 through SET(M) application form.

Hope this wont affect her further ILR application process. She is on her dependant visa right now

Thanks and Kind Regards
Vijay
No affect, you can claim child benefit and tax credits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khanstudent
Newly Registered

Post by khanstudent » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 pm

I have called ukba and they have replied that I can claim Child Benefit and Tax Credit ; it should not effect my wife ILR status in future if rules not changed ........lol

Vijay.pailla wrote:Dear all,

Thanks and Kind Regards
Vijay

Vijay.pailla

Post by Vijay.pailla » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Hello

I am going to apply for my wife's ILR now

Does the child health benifits i am claiming effect my wife's ILR in anyway..?

Please help me out on this

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:12 am

No, if you are claiming child benefit in YOUR name, it should not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.