ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit,child tax credit,housing benefit,job seekers a

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freeman
Newly Registered

child benefit,child tax credit,housing benefit,job seekers a

Post by freeman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:23 pm

hi john n every1,pls i need ur help all,am non eea married to eea,i recently apply for eea2,my wife is already on hb,chb,ctc,job seeker allowance when i apply but after abt 1month which i apply she switched to income support as she recently gave birth 3months ago,i included her job seeker letter from job centre with my application,pls i know chb,ctc,hb n job seekers wont affect my claim but d income support is giving me a problem,she has worked for 2 years b4 claimming,pls what can i do,i think dis may affect my claim,pls help me.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: child benefit,child tax credit,housing benefit,job seeke

Post by mochyn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:06 am

freeman wrote:hi john n every1,pls i need ur help all,am non eea married to eea,i recently apply for eea2,my wife is already on hb,chb,ctc,job seeker allowance when i apply but after abt 1month which i apply she switched to income support as she recently gave birth 3months ago,i included her job seeker letter from job centre with my application,pls i know chb,ctc,hb n job seekers wont affect my claim but d income support is giving me a problem,she has worked for 2 years b4 claimming,pls what can i do,i think dis may affect my claim,pls help me.
Your wife claiming income support will not affect you
it is the same as JSA

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 am

i think the point is the wife needs to be showing she is actively seeking work, in order to show she is a job seeker and exercising treaty rights, which she is not if she has just had a baby. she would need to show that she intends to return to work at some point -when does she intend to do this?

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm

thanks so much for your reply,my cover letter with my application stated that due to d pregnancy of our baby n because she gave birth last 3month,november 29th 2011 to be precise,thats why she was unable to work for now but she is ready to return to work as soon as she get an offer.i also includeded all her previous payslip up to when d pregnancy was 5months,cus she had complication n was adviced by gp that she should do light work for that period,a cover note from the gp stamped was also included with d application,but my worries is she has been placed on income support by job centre plus in d last 1week as all effort to stop income support was turn down from job centre cus they said that she has a baby who is just three month old so she will only b placed on income support for now untill she get a job.but during the time which i apply,she was still on job seeker and a letter confirming that was included with my application.thanks so much pls,do u think the income support will affect my residence card application pls?

freeman
Newly Registered

Post by freeman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm

thanks,d post man just rang my door bell and here comes my coa stated am allow to continue working till application is finalized,pls am just worried abt d benefits,also can i request my wifes passport back now or its 2 early pls,she needs d passport for something urgent.thanks