ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RandomUser123
inactive

Child benefits

Post by RandomUser123 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:18 pm

Hello,

My wife has ILR and I am her dependent. We have one child who is a British citizen. Looking at the child benefits website (https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit/overview) it looks like we should be able to apply and claim benefits in my wife/child's name.

However, my visa explicitly says "no recourse to public funds". Logically, it is not me claiming the benefit, but I do not want to jeopardise any future application. Do you think it will be a problem for my future applications for dependency visas and/or ILR if my wife (who has ILR) applies for child benefits for my child (who is a British citizen)?

Thank you

Casa

Re: Child benefits

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Your wife is entitled to claim Child Benefit in her name.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.