ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child tax credit form question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

owdakhan
Newly Registered

Child tax credit form question

Post by owdakhan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi All, I trust that everyone is good.

I'm filling Tax Credit Claim Form and question 6.2 is couples only- which of you is the main carer?

option: i) you or ii) your partner

My wife is under immigration control but i'm British and just wonder do i need to tick my or wife option?

In case if i select wife option and give her bank details to transfer fund into her account, will it effect her

status or any issue at time of extension. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child tax credit form question

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Answer honestly. If she is the main carer, then state that.

Child tax credits MUST be claimed jointly with your spouse. No effect on her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Petaltop

Re: Child tax credit form question

Post by Petaltop » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Sounds like they are getting ready for when Tax Credits end and claimants are moved onto Universal Credit. Under UC, one will be the worker parent and the other the carer parent, to sort out how much each parent must earn for them to avoid the Universal Credit condidtions, job centre, work providers, etc