ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit & working tax credit.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,

Our case is the same. We applied in April for child benefit and child work credit. We got a form to fill asking about confirmation about our immigration status. Sent everything on the same day.

Today I called to check if everything is ok and was told that they have not got documents.

I used Next day Signed For Service and have a proof that they got our documents. I insured my documents with Royal Mail for £1000 compensation, but that is not what I am looking for.

A lady on telephone asked me to call a week later.

I checked with her the address where I sent the docs (it was on the envelope they sent to me to put the docs in) and she told me that it is the address of their Head Office. So the address is correct.

I really hope that my documents will be sent back soon. I am ok to way for their decision but my documents are really needed soon :(

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Preacher wrote:Hi,

Our case is the same. We applied in April for child benefit and child work credit. We got a form to fill asking about confirmation about our immigration status. Sent everything on the same day.

Today I called to check if everything is ok and was told that they have not got documents.

I used Next day Signed For Service and have a proof that they got our documents. I insured my documents with Royal Mail for £1000 compensation, but that is not what I am looking for.

A lady on telephone asked me to call a week later.

I checked with her the address where I sent the docs (it was on the envelope they sent to me to put the docs in) and she told me that it is the address of their Head Office. So the address is correct.

I really hope that my documents will be sent back soon. I am ok to way for their decision but my documents are really needed soon :(
The address on letter is fine, the address on return envelop is different.
I also need my passports :(

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:15 am

The address on the return envelope is the address of their Head Office - that is what I was told and that is where they check our immigration status.
I hope very much that it is correct information.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 am

Preacher wrote:The address on the return envelope is the address of their Head Office - that is what I was told and that is where they check our immigration status.
I hope very much that it is correct information.
Have you got the address where you send the documents?

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm

HM Revenue and Customs, Child Benefit Office (GB), PO Box 1, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE88 1ZB

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Preacher wrote:HM Revenue and Customs, Child Benefit Office (GB), PO Box 1, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE88 1ZB
Me and few others have also sent the documents and passports to this address.
update - I have spoken to tax credit office yesterday, she said they don't know where my passports are and when they are going to return these back. She then gave me child benefit office number and told me to ring them directly as I send the documents to child benefit office.
I rang child benefit office and the person on phone said why you send the passports to us if the claim was for child tax credit. She took RM tracking number from me but couldnt find it on their system. She said that she will ask the "Back Office" to trace my passport and someone will give me a call back within "5 working days". shambles.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Our situation is just the same.

They said that they did not get our documents. But I have a post office proof that it was delivered. Asked us to call a week later.

Today I got another letter from Child Tax Credit office - asking about our passport to be sent to them by 24.06. Obviously, we are not able to send them and even find out where they are. So we sent the form they asked to fill with explanation - I pray that it will be accepted.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Would you be able to give me the direct number you were given - I would like to call as well - maybe we will be able to find out some more info re our passports?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Preacher wrote:Would you be able to give me the direct number you were given - I would like to call as well - maybe we will be able to find out some more info re our passports?
its not a direct number. its normal helpline number for child benefit office. u can search it online.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:30 am

No, problem, thank you, I have that one.
I thought you had another one, which connects directly to the office where we sent out documents.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 am

Preacher wrote:No, problem, thank you, I have that one.
I thought you had another one, which connects directly to the office where we sent out documents.
Did you ring CB office?

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 am

I just rang them again - good news: my documents were located and will be posted to me soon as we need them really urgently because of travel. The lady on the phone was really helpful.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Preacher wrote:I just rang them again - good news: my documents were located and will be posted to me soon as we need them really urgently because of travel. The lady on the phone was really helpful.
Do you know how they located your documents? I can ask them the same to locate my documents. when did you send your documents to them?

Thanks

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:25 am

I do not know how they located my documents.

I was told that normally it takes them about 10 working days to put our documents on the system (after receiving them).

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

thanks

saiyad
Newly Registered

Post by saiyad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi every one I m new here. Even I had applied for CB and CTC I got award notice for CTC in 4 wks time but CB office had ask for original passport n visa I had posted both before two wks. I had called them today but they said it does not shows on their system now I m really worried about my documents. And after reading her everyone's comment now I m more worried. Pls anyone have any latest experience , or any one knows how long they take to sent back my documents ,, pls any helps

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 am

I'd you send the documents by special delivery? Call the HMRC and ask for an update, whether they've sent the documents back yet.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teir12011
Newly Registered

Re: child tax credit & working tax credit.

Post by teir12011 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi guys
I have a problem in sending my docs for tax credits.
My situation is:
I sent my joint application by middle of August.
Recieved a letter on 27th Dec to send our original passports and bbrp.
But we have left to india on 30th and returning on 23rd of jan, means I couldn't send my docs until 24th of jan, which is the date date they asked to send our docs.
I would be able to send our docs on 24th, which is a Friday, so dodocs would not reach until Monday. Has anybody been in my situation, will they accept my docs, or will they reject everything altogether, what should I do, please help,

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi ,

I applied for "child tax credit & working tax credit" last week.

I have not included my passport and Biometric Card...... and it was not advisery as well in the form..... Will it effect on my case...... can I post them Copies of passport + Bio card.... Bcz I have booked ticket for 4th of July-2014............
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:10 pm

hi dear,
i m looking if someone can help me please i got my ilr on 07th jan 2014 want to apply ctc and cb no could any one please help me which one i should apply first and what documents i need to send.
thankx

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:26 pm

naumanch wrote:hi dear,
i m looking if someone can help me please i got my ilr on 07th jan 2014 want to apply ctc and cb no could any one please help me which one i should apply first and what documents i need to send.
thankx
You can apply both at once but with different forms in different offices if you want to,
they normally ask for Childrens birth certificates if they born in UK (if they born outside than they normally ask for UK status and birth certificates showing the parents details on it (But its entirely up to the office what they needs and when)
Thanks

gunners7k
Newly Registered

Post by gunners7k » Sun May 31, 2015 11:34 am

Hi

I am in a spouse visa and due for renewal next April, my wife claims child tax credits for the kids, solicitor told me I wasn't allowed to resort to public funds so no working tax, which I have never claimed, however after ringing them up to ask why more money in account, they have automatically started paying working tax credit after receiving my p60, my wage went down(2014/2015 tax year) meaning they paying me extra each week! Rang them to say stop the payments but won't until I receive renewal pack, I'm worried this is going to show up on bank statements and also award notice, help!!

I'm entitled to clam the working tax credit and will it affect my visa!!

Help!!!!!!!

Thanks