ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming JSA whilst wife under Immigration Control

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

del_piero_3

Claiming JSA whilst wife under Immigration Control

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi there,

I’m British whilst wife is Pakistani (2 years spouse visa) and we have a child under one years of age.

Been in employment for 8 years and now I’m going to be out of job next week, no luck finding a new job so far. It’s really is bad timing because wife’s ILR application is due in 6 months time.

Until I find a job, I will have to apply for either Income JSA or Contribution JSA (not within definition of Public Funds) – which ever pays the most without affecting my wife’s ILR.

I've got two questions:

1) I know the above benefits will not pay my wife due to immigration status, so I will be treated as single but will it include my child? We already get child benefit.

2) Just say I dont find a job in time and we have to apply for ILR, can they refuse my wife. I mean they could turn around and say to my wife that your partner is on benefits, struggling to support himself/family and if ILR was granted then you too will receive benefits.

John and others plz do respond, thanks.

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

Post by wa51mmm » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:52 pm

i think its already similar case as to anothony thumps.......

please read the other topics here as well

the questions are simply over asked and asked again and again

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26916

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:56 am

wa51mmm wrote:i think its already similar case as to anothony thumps.......

please read the other topics here as well

the questions are simply over asked and asked again and again

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26916
Thanks bud