ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming my pension if I live in Thailand

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harveyboy
Newly Registered

Claiming my pension if I live in Thailand

Post by harveyboy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 am

hello ive just joined so a newbee im not sure if this is the correct forum i should be on but ill try it so ok im a british citizen ive lived and worked abroad for many years but continued to pay NHS ive been given a forcast saying all my payments are fully paid and can expect a pension at the age of 66 mmmmm hold my breath on that one ive als paid into the tax system for 45 years so i believe the owe me now ive just got married here in thailand and expecting our child later this year am i allowed to claim child benefits for my child here i will not be moving here permanant for another 2 years thanks to both the French and UK governments fleecing me for years can anyone let me know how i stand can i claim i have all the official paper work from our Embassy in Bangkok ref the marriage certificate ect tks

vinny

Re: child benefits abroad in Thailand

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 am

Probably no.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harveyboy
Newly Registered

Post by harveyboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 am

vinny wrote:Probably no.
thanks for the reply the reason i asked was that i know of a few Indian friends who not only send back child allowance but but employment..social security to families back in India some to more than 1 wife just thought i might have qualified that was all thanks anyway vinny

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am

All have to pay for any abuse by the few.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

harveyboy
Newly Registered

CLAIMING MY PENSION IF I LIVE IN THAILAND

Post by harveyboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 am

hello i have a question id like a little advice on if anyone can help if i move from the uk to Thailaind can i still claim my government pension ive been told prob no at 66 i will be eligable to claim ive been told by the powers that be in the UK.. does it mean that if i move here i get nothing ive already been helped on another post ref weather i can claim child benefit for a child we are expecting later this year again been told prob no is i think its unfair that after 45 years work my government wont let me retire to finish off my time where i want any help appreciated tks

vinny

Re: CLAIMING MY PENSION IF I LIVE IN THAILAND

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 am

harveyboy wrote:if i move from the uk to Thailaind can i still claim my government pension
Possible?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Petaltop

Re: Claiming my pension if I live in Thailand

Post by Petaltop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:27 pm

harveyboy wrote: ive been given a forcast saying all my payments are fully paid and can expect a pension at the age of 66
It might be best to get a new forecast as April 2016 saw new rules for UK state pensions.

harveyboy
Newly Registered

Post by harveyboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 am

Petaltop wrote:
harveyboy wrote: ive been given a forcast saying all my payments are fully paid and can expect a pension at the age of 66
It might be best to get a new forecast as April 2016 saw new rules for UK state pensions.
hello mate thanks it was after April that the government gave the forcast said all contributions up to date and gave me amount 6000 PA i saw apost here that anwsered a question can i claim my pension in Thailand reply was possible what do you think

harveyboy
Newly Registered

Re: CLAIMING MY PENSION IF I LIVE IN THAILAND

Post by harveyboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:26 am

vinny wrote:
harveyboy wrote:if i move from the uk to Thailaind can i still claim my government pension
Possible?
tks vinny looked up ongov site with the link you sent it seems the prob is that the UK cannot send money to certain countries in which there is no agreement Thailand is one of them but it did state that money can be paid direct into a UK account if anyone retires abroad does not state any country just moves abroad so if i was here perhaps just the point of my bank transfering it EACH MONTH or for how much it is picking it up each time i go backi ts not for another 6 years anyway a lot can happen in that time eh !!! is this how you read it let me know mate tks

harveyboy
Newly Registered

Post by harveyboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:40 am

vinny wrote:Probably no.
yes seems that way i spoke online yesterday with the embassy in he UK in a bit of sarky type of language WE will be happy to pay your child benefit IF you bring you child to the UK sir ha

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:26 pm

harveyboy wrote:
Petaltop wrote:
hello mate thanks it was after April that the government gave the forcast said all contributions up to date and gave me amount 6000 PA i saw apost here that anwsered a question can i claim my pension in Thailand reply was possible what do you think
Then it sounds like you are up to date so far. 5 more years needed under the changes to get the new state pension that was set just above the amount of the welfare payment Pension Credit. Widely expected for Pension Credit to end, just as we know Tax Credits is ending.

Ever since the government said that immigration and welfare is "two sides of the same coin" and MAC reported to government on the billions per year paid in benefits paid to low skilled immigrants/those who were an foreign citizen when they first got their NINo, the UK have been changing the welfare rules and have began to slash welfare payments to make other EEA countries welfare systems more attractive. As a state pension is now only based on your own contributions, make sure you get those extra 5 years from April 2016 by keeping up to date with your own NICs. You keep 30 years of NICs before April 2016 and then need another 5 years to make the 35 years.